[SUPPORT] SmartPhoneLover - WireGuard Easy

wireguard-easy_200x200.png

This docker template was created based on an already available docker image

GitHub: https://github.com/WeeJeWel/wg-easy
DockerHub: https://hub.docker.com/r/weejewel/wg-easy
My Repository: https://github.com/SmartPhoneLover/unraid-docker-templates

DESCRIPTION
You have found the easiest way to install & manage WireGuard on any Linux host!

Features:
• All-in-one: WireGuard + Web UI
• Easy installation, simple to use
• List, create, edit, delete, enable & disable clients
• Show a client's QR code
• Download a client's configuration file
• Statistics for which clients are connected
• Gravatar support

NOTES

• The default credentials: empty/unraid (user/pass).
• It's just an alternative way to install WireGuard.

VERSION
1.1 (2021-12-14)

If you are going to report a bug or request something to be added/modified, please, take into consideration that I will only be able to apply changes for the work I own only. For example, if I create a docker template for an already existing docker image (not created by me), I won't be able to do more for that image than forward your report or request to the owner of the project.

If you like my work, please consider making a little donation.
- DONATE -
Thank you very much 🙂

Edited by SmartPhoneLover
  • Like 1
On 12/13/2021 at 3:38 PM, Mantene said:

Is there a good reason to use this over the built-in WireGuard implementation?

Thought it would be worth while to add a reason to this. 

I'm using both the Unraid Wireguard implementation, as well as this container.

Unraid for the reasons you'd expect.

This container, I use to give VPN access into an isolated docker network that contains services for friends and family to use. This way, I didn't have to expose tons of ports to the open internet. 

I know people are going to read this and say "well, just use a reverse proxy", but that wasn't possible for these services ( dedicated game servers, voip servers, the like), and as such this gives us a safer implementation.

Props to @SmartPhoneLover for this container, really love it!

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

this allows for greater selection of the IP range as well - with the default i ran into conflicts when i tried to connect to my vpn server from a network that had the same subnet my unraid server used - with this i can assign a different unique subnet to my clients - (i couldn't figure out how to get that to work with the built in unraid plugin maybe i'm a bonehead but i didn't see a way)

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for this Docker image, it works well for the most part!

I'm having touble accessing my routers web interface over VPN. I can connect to everything else on my local network but not 192.168.1.1. Interestingly if I port scan that IP when connected to the VPN it shows the correct ports open.

I get a connection reset error when attempting to access my router control panel. I've left all settings as defaults except setting WG_ALLOWED_IPS to 192.168.1.0/24.

Has anyone else experienced this?

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/13/2021 at 2:38 PM, Mantene said:

Is there a good reason to use this over the built-in WireGuard implementation?

Sadly I have to say that this wireguard docker works better for me then the inbuild one. Within Unraid directly I cant get even access to something. Even when everything is setup correctly....

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/23/2022 at 4:40 PM, joshkrz said:

Thanks for this Docker image, it works well for the most part!

I'm having touble accessing my routers web interface over VPN. I can connect to everything else on my local network but not 192.168.1.1. Interestingly if I port scan that IP when connected to the VPN it shows the correct ports open.

I get a connection reset error when attempting to access my router control panel. I've left all settings as defaults except setting WG_ALLOWED_IPS to 192.168.1.0/24.

Has anyone else experienced this?

I am having exactly the same issue... did you ever resolve it?

1 hour ago, joshkrz said:

No I'm afraid not. I've kept my OpenVPN docker running until I can work it out.

I managed to get it working - 3 things that I did (Perhaps not all of them needed...)
1) Set the docker networking to bridge modeimage.png.505841b18be5067fbe76e6f0860a6d44.png

2) Set a port forward on the router to forward the wireguard port to the configured port on the host that the container is mapped to (shown on the docker information when running)

3) Set a static route on the router to point IP Addresses in the wireguard range to use the unraid server IP as the gateway (Probably not needed unless initiating connections from the LAN to the client - but I am doing that for one client)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm trying to utilize this container in Host Networking mode, such that I can assign it a to a tagged vlan interface (and have all my VPN clients end up on a particular subnet on my network). The container functions fine in Host mode, and clients can connect to the Wireguard server, but no traffic is able to be passed. Not quite sure why. Can anyone offer any advice? Thanks! 

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have wireguard-easy on my rPI and have been very happy with it. So I though I should try the docker version because I could then get rid of my rPI.

Using this docker I can connect to network shares and web gui's on my home network.
I have set it to bridge mode and assigned a static IP.

However using this docker I cannot SSH into a virtual machine through that wireguard tunnel - putty only throws a "network error: Software caused connection abort".

Using wireguard-easy on my rPI I do not have that problem, I can ssh into my VMs just fine.

Edited by cholzer