(Solved) Share folder cached when no cache pool assigned

Go to solution Solved by itsecmonkey,

Greetings-

I created a share folder with the "Use cache pool" setting to No. However, when I copy or move files to the share and view the share folders, I see those files residing on both the array and one of my cache pools.

I attempt to run mover but nothing appears to happen. I didn't expect it to since the share is set to not use any cache pools.

How do I about troubleshooting?

Thanks.

3 minutes ago, itsecmonkey said:

files residing on both the array and one of my cache pools

array disks are part of user shares, and pools are part of user shares. Any setting you make to a user share only applies to new files, and nothing gets moved except according to mover settings. So if the share was cache-yes or cache-prefer, setting it to cache-no will only write new files directly to the array, and will not move anything since mover ignores cache-no and cache-only shares.

• Solution

Thanks for the quick reply.

After your response, I did a little reading on the share management for Unraid. To make a long story short - I think everything is working normally. I believe my lack of understanding for the Unraid management of shares has led to some confusion. I can't pinpoint why moving files from one share to another using Krusader behaves differently than when its presented across the network to a Windows client through a share but I have to believe that it's somehow related to how I have Krusader setup with the custom container paths.

I have only had my Unraid system running a little over a week now. I setup Krusader using Spaceinvaderone's video on managing files in Unraid. Apparently, I followed the steps in his video with not a clear understanding of what was actually being done with the mappings.

Thanks a bunch for your help.

• itsecmonkey changed the title to (Solved) Share folder cached when no cache pool assigned

I think you must have clicked on the wrong place in that link I gave. If you click on the thread title it just takes you to the whole thread. That wasn't my intention and not what I was trying to direct your attention to.

You need to click on the arrow at upper right of the link box to get to the specific post I was directing you to. Then in that post see

8 hours ago, trurl said:

Another thing you might encounter is "surprise" #2 when trying to move between user shares

• 3 weeks later...

I need a bit of help.

In having a slimier problem.

Ive assign Cache Pool on my Download share but if Ive move a file from the Download share folder to the Array the file still on the Cache Pool even the Array are not share doesn't assign under the Cache Pool.

How do i resolve this.

Ive try to delete the file from the array and there are still error report that some of the files are unprotected and i notice that the Cache Pool still assigned to that Share.

How to clear the error?image.thumb.png.f6ebc56e5846242735c7d3ef6aba662b.png

image.thumb.png.637ab4c93185e7a05757cae3fe00f3f7.png

ts-s20-diagnostics-20220101-2156.zip