(SOLVED) No internet after server move

VelcroBP
Go to solution Solved by trurl,

I have recently moved. I have setup my server with the same networking gear as before (modem, router) with the exception of a new dumb switch between it and the router. I can access the main Unraid and Docker UIs fine locally, but have no internet access from the server. This happened once before due to an incorrectly configured 2nd NIC. That time it was resolved by simply porting down the unused NIC, as Unraid seemed to be defaulting to it. I have tried that again this time with no luck. I cannot ping any external address or DNS, but I CAN ping the local router/default gateway (192.168.1.1). I'm attaching diagnostics, as well as a screen of the routing table from Settings>Networking. Please let me know of any other screens to capture or logs to generate.

image.thumb.png.f1bc440dc7d089ca60727b7ad00e238c.png

mootower-diagnostics-20211213-1853.zip

Edited by VelcroBP
issue resolved
  • Solution

Simplest approach is to delete (or rename) config/network.cfg from flash and reboot, so it will use defaults including DHCP. Then you can go from there if you really need anything different.

I always recommend DHCP for everything on the network, then if you want any specific devices to have static IP, reserve those by MAC address in the router. That way everything is managed from the one place it really matters, the router.

• VelcroBP changed the title to (SOLVED) No internet after server move