ip will no longer set after attempting driver update

c1trus

Hi, very new to unraid so pardon me if I'm not 100% concise with my issue.

I initially set up the latest unraid and was able to access it through the webgui with no problems whatsoever. After setting it up, I proceeded to install ich777's nvidia driver plugin, which also succeeded. Then, I attempted to downgrade the driver to a lower version through said plugin, and it proceeded to prompt me to restart the server. After restarting the server, it will not connect to the network and displays that the IP is 169.x.x.x (not 100% remembering). I attempted to turn off bonding in the cfg as I read in older forum posts to no avail.

I have attached the diagnostics in this post, but I genuinely have zero idea how it was working one second and borked the next.

Thank you all for your time.

tower-diagnostics-20211214-1530.zip

1 minute ago, c1trus said:

Manually setting the IP in network.cfg

Did you do that after taking the diagnostics? There was no network.cfg in those so it would default to DHCP.

Doesn't look like there were any plugins in those diagnostics either. But syslog does suggest a driver problem.

If you are trying to run a custom build based on non-standard drivers, then you really should be asking on the support thread for that plugin.

No, I attempted changing network.cfg and then reset to default before taking diagnostics. Driver-wise, I haven't touched the network drivers at all. There are no custom drivers at play here whatsoever. I am using unraid as stock as possible, which is why I'm confused. I merely rebooted and it has suddenly decided that it wont get dhcp.