Solved: How do I replace 2 failed parity drives?

Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

Hi - I performed a clean shutdown of my unRaid media server yesterday so my sparky could install a dedicated circuit for my home theatre/listening room. When the new circuit was in place and everything else had been powered on, I attempted to boot the unRaid server but it was dead as a dodo. Initial troubleshooting finds no problem with the psu (the same psu and cables booted another pc, and multimeter readings are good). When I first tried to boot it, I thought the power switch felt different, so I decided to do a long overdue case upgrade - hoping to kill 2 birds with one stone. I hoped that the power switch in the old case was faulty, but no.

I have reseated all cables, RAM and CPU. I have done a hard reset, and replaced the CMOS battery. I have tried removing the GPU and NIC, but it is looking like I am up for a new cpu and motherboard. What is the procedure for introducing new hardware into my unRaid server?

Cheers

Steve

Edited by Steviewunda
Topic changed

After removing the CMOS battery for about 15 minutes I was, much to my surprise, able to boot to unRaid - but both parity drives were missing. They appear to have both died at the same time. I have tried them on different data and power cables, and in a Windows PC, but they do not spin up and appear to be dead. As I outlined in my previous post, all this happened after a clean shutdown. I have included my diagnostics files although I don't know if they will be any use. I would greatly appreciate any advice regarding what might have happened, as I am worried that the same thing might happen after replacing the parity drives.

Cheers

Steve

tower-diagnostics-20211215-2352.zip

• Steviewunda changed the title to How do I replace 2 failed parity drives?
  • Steviewunda changed the title to Solved: How do I replace 2 failed parity drives?