"Mover" Current Status Time in Time Left Request

so i not sure if its requested.. but for the next release of Unraid

id like to see a status of Mover

like any Copy  Move.  windows does.. also  if Mover crashed..  no one will know..  like windows has "Not Responding"  

as i moving 2tb  off my Lancahce      its been like 24 hours  and  2.9 million files   but nothing has moved

dont even know if its running all i see is some mb/s  accessing the pool..  but i have no idea if is working where it is in the at 2.9  million files

if its locked up    like i had btrfs  that crashed  i posted..    and you'd never know it crashed..  till you report the diagnostic..  but even unraid doesnt report a crash of the btrfs   of the array  when  it was doing the pool...  so     be nice a current running lo of

time elapsed    time left    current move..

as like i cant tell  same with that btrfs  that crashed making a pool  wouldnt know till. the array was never mounting

Edited by comet424
4 minutes ago, comet424 said:

ah ok..  should i re post my comment then in the github too?

learn something new everyday... 🙂

My PR is already there on Github, its awaiting inclusion by Limetech. You will only be ab!e to raise an issue, but there is already code to provide mover status,

Edited by SimonF
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

its beautiful I would love to add that now! i have been trying to move a 214GB plex appdata folder from my ZFS 4 drive zpool to the array trying to get it on my newly formatted SSD in ZFS) for over 13 hours its moving sooo slowly

i need to see the status I have dozens of messages coming in why my plex is down...it litterally not showing in the logs that its moving

I see trickles of data on Disk1 and the ZFS cache-pool here and there but it is taking forever....the initial appdata move of over 500GB from BTRF to array took 4 hours