Include UFW by Default

Hi,

As part of the ongoing efforts to improve the security of the appliance and secure by default stance, could we please include a firewall such as UFW by default in the image.

While unRAID comes with IPTables, ufw is (imo) much more user friendly, and can allow users to easily firewall off ports they dont need or restrict access.

If ufw came with unRAID out of the box (currently it requires manual install, until/if its added to NerdPack), it would allow you to apply rules on first boot as required, minimizing the time period where your host could potentially be exposed.

Thanks.

I would love to see ufw added to Unraid. I use ufw on my Zorin Samba server (Ubuntu 20.04 based). That way I can close samba ports 137, 138,139 & 445 and only open them up for clients on my network who require to have access to the file shares. And Yes I also use username / password for authentication. Do not allow guests access to shares even for read only.

• 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...