files keep getting written in cache pool but no share is supposed to use it.

ailliano

Hi all, 
There is something that is driving me insane, I have 3 cache pool (1. nvme name "cache" 2. dual SSD named "Docker" and dual SSD named Plex) all my shares are "supposed to use" Docker and Plex all these have a combination of Yes share and Prefer to the appropriate cache pool. NONE of my shares are setup to use the nvme CACHE pool, but somehow a docker container is still using it and I narrowed it down to nzbget and qbittorrent. I triple checked that I didn't map /mnt/cache directly to any of those dockers all have /downloads mapped to /mnt/user/downloads which is equivalent to YES - Docker <<< dual SSD pool. 
So why is cache nvme still get used even though nothing is mapped to it? it's driving me crazy since makes the downloads share "unprotected" and files get stuck there causing mover to not do his job. 
** I even moved files out of cache and got it to be green as it should be, but as soon I download something it gets copied to the cache pool.

Screen Shot 2021-12-15 at 7.29.20 PM.png

Edited by ailliano
8 hours ago, itimpi said:

Are you sure you do not have anything mapped to the cache that could trigger the behaviour described here?

nothing mapped to that cache disk beside the isos share which I don't use, but I could be missing something
"

Make sure the mount points for source and target appear to be different at the Linux level.

"
What does the above means ? and how can I check

Thank you

According to your diagnostics you have a share anonymized as "d-------s" mapped to the cache.  If that is the 'downloads' share then remember that any docker that has a mapping to /mnt/user/downloads will be writing to the 'cache' pool.

Do all the .cfg files in the config/shares folder on the flash drive correspond to shares you currently have?  If not you could tidy the diagnostics by deleting any that do not correspond to current shares.

13 minutes ago, ailliano said:

not that I know of... I read thru all the docker mappings and nothing showing /mnt/cache/downloads , any way to check what's using what ? 

I wasn't asking about mappings. If you have something moving from a share on one pool to a share on another pool, that is when the situation explained in this link given earlier might happen.

https://wiki.unraid.net/Manual/Troubleshooting#Files_end_up_on_cache_despite_Use_Cache.3DNo_setting_for_a_share

1 minute ago, trurl said:

Post docker run for nzbget

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name='nzbget' --net='bridge' -e TZ="America/New_York" -e HOST_OS="Unraid" -e HOST_HOSTNAME="Loki" -e HOST_CONTAINERNAME="nzbget" -e 'PUID'='99' -e 'PGID'='100' -e ' DOCKER_MODS'='ghcr.io/gilbn/theme.park:nzbget' -e 'TP_THEME'='aquamarine' -l net.unraid.docker.managed=dockerman -l net.unraid.docker.webui='http://[IP]:[PORT:6789]/' -l net.unraid.docker.icon='https://raw.githubusercontent.com/linuxserver/docker-templates/master/linuxserver.io/img/nzbget-icon.png' -p '6789:6789/tcp' -v '/mnt/user/downloads/':'/downloads':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/appdata/nzbget':'/config':'rw' 'linuxserver/nzbget'

The command finished successfully!

1 minute ago, itimpi said:

I agree it looks like it should work :( 

You could try changing the mapping to use /mnt/docker/downloads instead of /mnt/user/downloads so it is by-passing the User Share handling level?

this might be my only option at this point, another option is to wipe nzbget and qbit, remove the download share as well and start fresh, something is stuck.