Lost a drive, was going to shrink, then upgrade with larger parity - can I do all this at once with new config?

I lost a 6TB drive in my array and have been following the procedure to shrink array before my 2 new 12TB drives arrive (one as standby backup in case this happens again).

This includes moving all files from the (emulated) drive to other drives in the array via unBalancer/Scatter as well as moving some to a USB disk until this process is done.

I would like to upgrade parity with 12TB and place the original parity drive in the array as well.

I was going to perform a multi-step process - shrink array first, recalc parity.  then replace parity, recalc again, then add a new drive (10TB old parity).

With new config can I not do all this at once given that I have moved all of the files from the failed 6TB drive already on to other array disks / external drive?

I.E. When the new drive comes in I stop the array, set array to not auto start, power down and remove failed 6TB.  Replace this with 12TB new parity.  Boot server select tools/new config (retain current) and then assign the drives appropriately and let parity recalc?

Let me know if I am nuts with this plan.

Rick

Edited by dredge999