Help with Path Mappings (Radarr/Sonarr/Plex)

NoLMTs

Hi,

I am a complete noob at unraid. A friend set up my plex server and path mappings. Somehow during a container update, my path mappings got erased and the container orphaned. I didnt know I could reinstall so I did a fresh Sabnzbd install. Now im stuck. Seems like the movies are downloading to the correct place but dont move and get renamed after.

I would be willing to let someone remote desktop to help me do this and can venmo or zelle some money for the time.

Not sure what else to do at this point, From my standpoint and knowledge I have done all I can to resolve this issue.

let me know if anyone is interested. Im sure it wont take very long for someone who knows unraid well.

I've been through this myself - it's very frustrating.  If you want to PM me I will try to walk you through or you can just reply here for future folks to see.  No $$ required - happy to help if I can I've got a lot of assistance from others here.

Here is a good guide if you want to do a bit more on your own: https://trash-guides.info/Hardlinks/How-to-setup-for/Unraid/  There are sections for each at the top.

(link at bottom of pages to buy him a coffee if you want for making such a helpful guide).

Edited by Ystebad

There are basically 2 pieces to this puzzle.

1. For each container, there are volume mappings. These set container path to correspond to host path. The container only knows the container path, and when it reads/writes that path, it is reading/writing the corresponding host path.
  2. These applications communicate with each other. They tell each other where something is stored. But since each container only knows about its container paths, these containers must tell each other the same container path, and that path must correspond to the same host path.