[SOLVED] unRAID Server locked up during Parity Check after reboot 2 Disks Disabled

18 hours ago, trurl said:

Unlikely. Probably it was created there at some time when cache wasn't accessible.

Than how was my VMs still in tract on the libvert.img that was on my array. I thought the same as you and figured I would have to restore the monthly backup of the file but I didn't since the file on the array was the same as the file that disappeared from my Apps Cache Pool.  I know for a fact the file was on that SSD the day before I stated my rebuild. Just strange.

It's working fine now. Just have to RMA my 9305-24i for an other one and try again.

• 2 weeks later...

Yup, My whole server is 100% stable since I removed that 9305-24i and put the 3 old cards back in.  My onboard network card was even unstable when it was installed.  There really had to be something wrong with that card.  Lucky it didn't destroy my server. 

As fair warning, be careful to get your cards from reliable sources.  Even if they are expensive they can still be not a reliable source.  Lucky for me the seller took back the card and returned my money.  I contacted LSI and they said the S/N didn't exist in their system so I think I got a stolen card.

• 3 weeks later...

Just to chime in, I just experienced a similar issue. I Purchased a 9305-16i from an Ebay seller to replace my 9201-16i. While it did give me a 41.5 MB/sec speed bump on my spinners and would have shaved close to 7 hours off my parity check it would cause my system to hard lock. I went back to the 9201-16i and issue is gone. Luckily the eBay seller takes returns.

I guess I will live with a parity check read speed of 188.5 MB/sec even though I now know the drives can hit 230 MB/sec if the card was stable. I had even put a Noctua Fan on the heatsink of the 9305!