Moving AppData Folder to Another Pool

I'm hoping someone can help me with moving my AppData folders to another drive.  I just installed 2 more SSDs so that my AppData drive isn't on the cache drive and subjected to so many read/write events.  Is there an easy way to move the folders that are on the cache drive to another drive?  It's not as simple as renaming the current Cache drive AppData and then naming another drive Cache is it?  I'm also assuming if I just drag and drop my AppData folder to another drive all my dockers are going to explode?

So somehow I'd need to move the AppData folder and then fix all the docker containers somehow?

Yeah, if you copy / paste via SMB (ie: Windows Explorer), the size will massively expand, especially if you use Plex

Fastest method would be to make a backup via AppData backup plugin, then change the SOURCE of the backup to reflect the new cache pool and then restore.  (And finally adjust the default appdata setting in Settings - Docker)

• 1 month later...

I had this problem recently, as I wanted to move my appdata share to a different pool named nvme_cache, I noticed that the docker containers I had before switching the share location were still located on the array cache. (You can see this under the share tab by clicking on the folder next to the share name). I updated the appdata share to make sure its configured for the new pool location (nvme_cache). After stopping my docker containers I opened the terminal and just did the following.

cp -r /mnt/cache/appdata /mnt/nvme_cache/

then rm -r /mnt/cache/appdata (to delete it all from the old location)

When I checked back in the file browser for the share they all now show as existing on nvme_cache. When I started the docker containers up again they didn't care. I think everything is referenced via the share names so moving the files at the filesystem level doesn't matter. 

Hope this helps someone, as I didn't have any luck with restoring using the backup plugin as it remembers the original source location with the backup and I couldn't see an obvious way to change this. 

Edited by matthawkp