Random lock-ups

Go to solution Solved by Ulf Thomas Johansen,

Hi.

Been running a Ryzen 5600G on ROG Strix 570-F for a while now and I'm experiencing random lock-ups where I have to hard kill the server to get it back up. Luckily - I've recovered every singel time speaking volumes of the robustness of Unraid. :)

I do however have to try to find the cause and I have now reduced the amount of dockers to a minimum (Plex, MariaDB and Mosquitto) and I am running just 1 vm (Home Assistant). Furthermore I have reset the bios to default and removed all changes to Unraid. I have also upgraded to 6.10-rc2.

Whilst waiting for a lock-up I peeked into the syslog and found some strange logging between Dec 18 00:53:02 and 01:44:40 (right before it locked-up last time) which I hope you guys could help me understand. (Diags attached)

Any other insight into why my rig is not stable would be welcomed. For the record I've run a full pass with the latest memtest and I have replaced the motherboard. :)

Hopefully something will pop up.

//UlfThomas

algarheim-diagnostics-20211218-2053.zip

Edited by Ulf Thomas Johansen
8 minutes ago, Ulf Thomas Johansen said:

Dec 18 00:53:02 and 01:44:40

The diagnostics are after you rebooted, so we can't see what you saw...

But to get the obvious out of the way, have you looked at https://forums.unraid.net/topic/46802-faq-for-unraid-v6/page/2/?tab=comments#comment-819173?

Have you done a memtest?  Also try disabling the XMP/AMP overclock on the memory...