New case for 15 drive server.

CHBMB

Building a second UnRAID server for off site backup purposes.  Couldn't find another coolermaster centurion 590 but found this, haven't seen one before nor heard it mentioned, so ordered one.

Had a quick look, still not got all the stuff for my build but first impressions are it's a great case for the money.

http://www.sharkoon.com/?q=en/node/1858

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/262923

Still can't believe I sold a still-boxed 590 for $40. :( What's the opposite of a packrat? Stupid? That's what I was that week.

I'm trying a Rosewill Destroyer for this build. Their description of the number of 5.25 bays is obtuse, but I'm hopeful 10-15 drives will work with minimal metal modification.

Still can't believe I sold a still-boxed 590 for $40. :( What's the opposite of a packrat? Stupid? That's what I was that week.

I'm trying a Rosewill Destroyer for this build. Their description of the number of 5.25 bays is obtuse, but I'm hopeful 10-15 drives will work with minimal metal modification.

It has 8 5.25 bays.  13 hot swap hdd bays is the most you can get from it, but it's possible to have a 14th if you use a 2.5" cache drive.

Which LED color did you choose? The green one looks quite alien-like, would be my choice  ;D

I have used Sharkoon fore some weeks now, my unRaid server is buildt upon an Rebel 12, my wife got an Rebel 9 Aluminium and some customers got some other Sharkoon cases. They are cheap, and they are OK in terms of quality. Sure, they are now show shiners, but for an everyday PC its more than OK...

Herbert

It has 8 5.25 bays.  13 hot swap hdd bays is the most you can get from it, but it's possible to have a 14th if you use a 2.5" cache drive.

Mine arrived today. I'm only putting in two 5-in-3s, but it looks like it'd be simple enough to take off the top IO panel for the 9th 5.25 bay. The metal and guides were originally meant for a 9th bay and only the face is in the way. The sloped plastic bezel would take a careful touch, but nothing too advanced. All in all I'm blown away with it for the $39 deal.

Mine arrived today. I'm only putting in two 5-in-3s, but it looks like it'd be simple enough to take off the top IO panel for the 9th 5.25 bay. The metal and guides were originally meant for a 9th bay and only the face is in the way. The sloped plastic bezel would take a careful touch, but nothing too advanced. All in all I'm blown away with it for the $39 deal.

Yes it's pretty nice case especially for the price.  I use it in several of my builds.