SATA Controller Cards

32 minutes ago, anthem221 said:

Do i neet to flash the LSI LSI00301  9207-8i SGL to IT mode?

See this post:

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/11753-sata-controller-cards/page/28/?tab=comments#comment-958209

Read the section in brackets in the first paragraph.  If there is any question in your mind about what you are getting, send a message to the vendor.  His response time and answer will give you a feel for what you can expect if your order requires some other customer service. Remember that any '"new" LSI' card using the older chip sets will be a counterfeit in that the actual manufacturer is unknown.  Broadcom is still selling the older chip sets but the rest of the product has been reversed-engineered by a Chinese Company.

I don't mean to complain, but the first posti in this thread recommends the Supermicro AOC-SASLP-MV8, which I have, unfortunately.  This card can no longer be used in UNRAID and the first post really should be changed to reflect current reality.  

Or should one be expected to read all 29 pages of the thread to generate one's own list to sort through?

13 minutes ago, PeteAron said:

I don't mean to complain, but the first posti in this thread recommends the Supermicro AOC-SASLP-MV8, which I have, unfortunately.  This card can no longer be used in UNRAID and the first post really should be changed to reflect current reality.  

Or should one be expected to read all 29 pages of the thread to generate one's own list to sort through?

Unfortunately, the OP for this thread hasn't even visited this forum in over eight months. 

You should really be looking at this thread for current recommendation:

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/102010-recommended-controllers-for-unraid-last-updated-022021/?tab=comments#comment-941151

EDIT:   Noticed it is a locked thread (to prevent it from becoming unwieldy like this one).  However, this thread can still be used for any discussion about the controllers that @JorgeB recommends!

Edited by Frank1940
1 hour ago, PeteAron said:

This thread should probably be un-stickied as it is obsolete?

I thought that also but The other thread is locked (for good reason-- to control the number of posts to make it easy to find the current recommendations)!   This thread can be quite useful as a forum using for questions and answers.

• JorgeB unpinned this topic
  • JorgeB locked this topic