Drive suddenly disabled. Logs show IO errors. Unsure what to do next

Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

Hey everyone,

I hope that someone can help out with an issue I just ran into after checking into my Unraid server. It seems that last night, one of my drives got disabled and went into a red state. I checked the syslog (which I have attached) and it seems that there was an IO error on that specific (sdf) drive.

I tried to run an extended SMART test but that also failed. I have attached the SMART error report as well for your convenience.

This drive has been in my system for a year now with no issues. It hasn't been used by Unraid yet so the drive itself I believe is still empty of data.

I have eight drives in my system, all of which are attached to a Dell H310 HBA flashed to IT mode. All eight drives are connected to their own SATA power cable.

However, I am not sure what to do now. Should I reboot the machine to see if the drive is reenabled? Should I try to stop the array and rebuild the drive? Any help would be appreciated here.

Thanks.

equinox-smart-20211221-1823.zip equinox-syslog-20211221-0919.zip

1 minute ago, JorgeB said:

It wasn't an error, it just was interrupted:

# 2  Extended offline    Interrupted (host reset)      00%      9462 

This can be caused by the disk spinning down during the test, you need to disable that, but like mentioned disks looks fine.

Oh OK. Thanks for putting my mind at ease.

Do you know what should my next steps be to bring the disk back online and enabled for Unraid to use? Don't want to make a mistake as I am fairly new to Unraid.