(SOLVED) Random share appeared that I did not create. It can't be deleted.

Hi all, 

Like the title says, I have suddenly got a new share that I did not create. I can't seem to delete it either. 

My server has been down for a few days and today, I transfered it to my new hardware. I also decided to have an Unraid machine and a separete gaming rig. 

After booting up the new Unraid machine and making sure that the virtual machines and Dockers were working, I went to the shares tab and saw this:

image.thumb.png.f73da52b5df3d3999332945a2befb78e.png

At the bottom there is a new share called "unRaidLars". I did not create that one and do not know why it is there. Here is more share info:

image.thumb.png.18d56e7c00b85edd1b33a9e9005c0126.png

I set the share to export so I could delete the data in there from my gaming rig and then delete the share, but there are 2 folders on that share. One is called "Download" and in there is another folder called "k". 

image.png.a13cbed293bd3859e19bcaf99a0bd119.png

I can delete the "k" folder, but it comes back after a while. 

I can only rename the "Download" folder, not delete it. So the share keeps containing data.

I also tried deleting the folders with the Krusader app, but the "Download" folder just can't be deleted. 

Could anyone help me figure out why this share is there and why I can't delete it?

Edited by workermaster
Solved it
  • workermaster changed the title to (SOLVED) Random share appeared that I did not create. It can't be deleted.

Just made the post and now figured it out. I needed to run the Docker Safe New Params option. Turned out the the "k" folder was not deleted but Windows just showed it gone. After running the Docker command (why is it called Docker Safe New Params if this had nothing to do with Docker), I could delete it and the share is gone. 

Still don't know why the share was even there. 

2 hours ago, workermaster said:

why is it called Docker Safe New Params if this had nothing to do with Docker

Because it explicitly excludes the appdata share, so it is "docker safe"  Running the stock New Perms against all disks or all shares will trash the appdata since apps may have their own unique permission requirements