Disabled Disks - 1 Parity - 1 Data - Rebuild data (SOLVED)

Hello all, 2 of my drives were disabled while i was moving files between shares. 1 parity and 1 data drive.

I followed the instructions to try and rebuild them on to themselves as per the manual (disable-stop array-remove from slot-start array-stop array-add back in place-start array), the first time i tried to stop the array the system stopped at "Unmounting disks" and i had to hard reset in order to have access again to the Array. After the reboot i followed the above procedure.

While i tried to do that with the parity disk i am now getting an error next to the disk saying "Parity is invalid".

Is this something temporary until it rebuilds the data? How can i check if the Disabled parity disk is actually rebuilding the data, the read/write speeds are 0.

The data disk that was disabled (smaller than any of the 2 parity disks) is not mounted on the array.

unraid-diagnostics-20211224-2116.zip

edit: just realised i've posted in the wrong place, if possible to move the thread where it needs to be, please, go ahead.

Edited by hardw1red
  • hardw1red changed the title to Disabled Disks - 1 Parity - 1 Data - Rebuild data
45 minutes ago, hardw1red said:

Hello all, 2 of my drives were disabled while i was moving files between shares. 1 parity and 1 data drive.

10:1 it's simply a connection issue and will wind up eventually happening again.  Hard to say since the diagnostics are from after the reboot.

46 minutes ago, hardw1red said:

While i tried to do that with the parity disk i am now getting an error next to the disk saying "Parity is invalid".

46 minutes ago, hardw1red said:

Is this something temporary until it rebuilds the data?

Yes

47 minutes ago, hardw1red said:

read/write speeds are 0

Are the counters increasing though?  What does the Array Operations tab say about it proceeding?

On 12/24/2021 at 10:04 PM, Squid said:

10:1 it's simply a connection issue and will wind up eventually happening again.  Hard to say since the diagnostics are from after the reboot.

Would it be possible this happening from a controller standpoint (these drives were connected on a ASM1062 Serial ATA Controller) cause i have checked the cabling thoroughly and it happened again during parity check.

Update: After reading regarding SATA controllers and chips it seems the one i am currently using is a "switched" one if that is the right term, it's a 4-port with ports 3-4 attached to port 2 which (have not confirmed cause i dont know how) cause issues while trying to write simultaneously to any of these 3 interfaces (ports 2-3-4).

Parity has been rebuilt and data drives are also in the process of being rebuilt, after that I will remove the drives from ports 3 & 4 and see if the problem reoccurs.

Edited by hardw1red
  • 3 weeks later...
  • hardw1red changed the title to Disabled Disks - 1 Parity - 1 Data - Rebuild data (SOLVED)