How to Edit/Fix Docker Update Pull Command Parameters?

jbrown705
Go to solution Solved by Squid,

Hello-

I am having an issue with a docker for Home Assistant that seems to have an issue with the command to pull the new files on update or reinstall.  I have googled for days, posted in both the LS and UnRaid Discord with no luck.  I tried looked for a way to maybe edit the docker command but I am not great with Linux.  It seems to add a lot of /path/to/device lines with no values every time I update or reinstall and it won't start until I remove all the empty ones. Any know how to fix or maybe go in and edit the command it's using to see if those extra parameters can be removed? 

image.thumb.png.050fabe768febaf3682d9ca01432748d.png

2 hours ago, Squid said:

Click the icon and then hit "Edit" and switch to advanced view and get rid of all the devices (either its listed under extra parameters or under show more options)

I do that to fix and and get the docker started again but the next time there is an update (or if I remove it and try reinstalling it from a template) it adds all those parameters in again. It’s almost like the commands that are written or generated (in the XML file maybe?) are messed up and add a bunch of /path/to/device parameters to every re-run of the command. 

• Solution

You've got an old version of the template that had an issue in it.  Edit the file /config/plugins/dockerMan/templates-user/my-homeassistant.xml on the flash drive and the line that says

<TemplateURL>someURLhere</TemplateURL>

change it to

<TemplateURL>false</TemplateURL>

and the devices will not come back on updates.

5 hours ago, Squid said:

You've got an old version of the template that had an issue in it.  Edit the file /config/plugins/dockerMan/templates-user/my-homeassistant.xml on the flash drive and the line that says

<TemplateURL>someURLhere</TemplateURL>

change it to

<TemplateURL>false</TemplateURL>

and the devices will not come back on updates.

I updated this and then just edited the docker config so it would pull it and so far so good.  I will update this post once there is an official update to the image and report back but it looks like you helped me solve it!!  Thank you!  I also noticed the path to the template was actually in the URL on the page which i never noticed before.

Edited by jbrown705
wording
  • 1 month later...