[Solved] HBA card not showing in UnRaid

All,

I recently bought a Dell H310 6Gbps SAS HBA w/ LSI 9211-8i P20 IT Mode off eBay from Art of Server.

Him and I have been working on this issue for the past week, UnRaid won't see my Hard Drives.

I have installed the HBA card into a Dell PowerEdge r715.

I've worked through this whole video here:

Seems to me like UnRaid is having an issue with the driver based on the output from the following:

Art_of_Server_Troubleshooting3.PNG.ce332b56b5eb67a905fcd4a875ff2486.PNG

Replaced the Hard Drives was originally using ADATA SSDs switched to Western Digital Black HDDs, all 2.5 inch

I've even updated UnRaid from 6.9.2 to 6.10.0-rc2.

Running short of Ideas, going to try installing CentOS temporarily to see if it has any issues seeing the Drives.

Attaching diagnostics as well.

minnie-diagnostics-20211227-0033.zip

Edited by clsJUICYcls
Issue Resolved
  • clsJUICYcls changed the title to [Solved] HBA card not showing in UnRaid
  • 3 months later...
On 12/27/2021 at 3:00 PM, clsJUICYcls said:

Adding the append 'pci=realloc=off initrd=/bzroot' into the /boot/syslinux/syslinux.cfg

Fixed the issue.

Thank you so much.

Hi guys I know it an old post but it seem i'm having similar issue

@JorgeB

image.png.3ef451f8f35767552c22e58d86b1ce3f.png

Can you tell where exactly you need to put the  'pci=realloc=off initrd=/bzroot'  please thx a lot

Edited by francrouge
11 minutes ago, francrouge said:

Can you tell where exactly you need to put the  'pci=realloc=off initrd=/bzroot'

As mentioned in the post above yours, it goes in the syslinux.cfg file on you unRAID boot flash.  In the example below, it is added to the menu default boot mode which is unRAID OS.  If you boot into a different mode by default, it needs to go on the append line for that boot mode.

default menu.c32
menu title Lime Technology, Inc.
prompt 0
timeout 50
label Unraid OS
  menu default
  kernel /bzimage
  append pci=realloc=off initrd=/bzroot
label Unraid OS GUI Mode
  kernel /bzimage
  append initrd=/bzroot,/bzroot-gui
label Unraid OS Safe Mode (no plugins, no GUI)
  kernel /bzimage
  append initrd=/bzroot unraidsafemode
label Unraid OS GUI Safe Mode (no plugins)
  kernel /bzimage
  append initrd=/bzroot,/bzroot-gui unraidsafemode
label Memtest86+
  kernel /memtest

As mentioned in the post above yours, it goes in the syslinux.cfg file on you unRAID boot flash.  In the example below, it is added to the menu default boot mode which is unRAID OS.  If you boot into a different mode by default, it needs to go on the append line for that boot mode.

default menu.c32menu title Lime Technology, Inc.prompt 0timeout 50label Unraid OS menu default kernel /bzimage append pci=realloc=off initrd=/bzrootlabel Unraid OS GUI Mode kernel /bzimage append initrd=/bzroot,/bzroot-guilabel Unraid OS Safe Mode (no plugins, no GUI) kernel /bzimage append initrd=/bzroot unraidsafemodelabel Unraid OS GUI Safe Mode (no plugins) kernel /bzimage append initrd=/bzroot,/bzroot-gui unraidsafemodelabel Memtest86+ kernel /memtest

Does not seem to work for me i will check my bios option maybe

Envoyé de mon Pixel 5 en utilisant Tapatalk