Unmountable: No pool uuid (SOLVED)

Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

Hi,

Hopefully you guys can help me out with this issue. I have 2 ssd drives in my BTRFS cache pool.  Now all of a sudden it was saying it is unmountable. Originally it said "Unmountable: No File System".  After reading some other threads and messing around it now says "Unmountable: No pool uuid" (I probably shouldnt have touched anything and came straight here) I have also tried recovering my data using the tips from the FAQ.  No luck with that either.  Any other info would be greatly appreciated.  I have been lurking for many years but this is my first post.  Hope I explained myself clearly and gave the necessary information.  Sorry in advance if I left out any important info.  A couple screenshots and diagnostics have been attached. 

Thanks

No File System.png

No Pool.png

unraid-diagnostics-20211227-1659.zip

Edited by jramosbklyn
Solved
  • Solution

According to the log there are no valid btrfs filesystems in any device, you can try this, it might work depending on how the devices were wiped:

btrfs-select-super -s 1 /dev/sdX1

Do this for both devices, if the command doesn't output an error for one at least one of them reboot and post new diags.

18 hours ago, JorgeB said:

According to the log there are no valid btrfs filesystems in any device, you can try this, it might work depending on how the devices were wiped:

btrfs-select-super -s 1 /dev/sdX1

Do this for both devices, if the command doesn't output an error for one at least one of them reboot and post new diags.

You are the man JorgeB.  It looks like everything is working after your recommendation. I honestly don't want to touch anything 😃.

I attached the diagnostic file.  One last question- Do you recommend me getting away from the btrfs cache pool? If so, what do you recommend?

unraid-diagnostics-20211228-2102.zip

3 hours ago, jramosbklyn said:

Do you recommend me getting away from the btrfs cache pool?

Not especially, unless you have recurring issues, and in my experience those are usually caused by bad hardware.

3 hours ago, jramosbklyn said:

If so, what do you recommend?

Btrfs is currently the only option for pools, you can use xfs for single device cache.

• jramosbklyn changed the title to Unmountable: No pool uuid (SOLVED)