Seafile on Unraid

RedReddington

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
On 4/20/2022 at 10:54 AM, Merron said:

Hi i tried to use https://hub.docker.com/r/seafileltd/seafile-mc instead of https://hub.docker.com/r/seafileltd/seafile (outdated, 3 years old).

with the seafile template delivered with the community plugin list. Installations and start works. Opening the seafile site = nginx bad gateway. The old version worked. Any advice?

I know this thread is a bit stale, but for anyone else landing here after searching for the same issue, I also initially saw "bad gateway" on a fresh install. In my case, the problem was because I didn't notice that the necessary seafile-mc environment variable is "DB_ROOT_PASSWD", not "DB_ROOT_PASSWORD". (notice the missing "OR"!)

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hello all, since the last update (5 days ago) I can't log into my Seafile. I keep getting; (correction, I thought it was the last update, but it turns out that I had to roll back to 10.01, and update from 5 months ago)

Forbidden (403)

CSRF verification failed. Request aborted.

More information is available with DEBUG=True.

I rolled back to 10.01 and that fixed it. I guess it's been over 5 months since I've put in my passwords. 

Anyway, still looking for some advice to keep this up to date while still maintaining access. 

Edited by ppompili
Half solved
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/23/2023 at 9:52 PM, ppompili said:

Hello all, since the last update (5 days ago) I can't log into my Seafile. I keep getting; (correction, I thought it was the last update, but it turns out that I had to roll back to 10.01, and update from 5 months ago)

Forbidden (403)

CSRF verification failed. Request aborted.

More information is available with DEBUG=True.

I rolled back to 10.01 and that fixed it. I guess it's been over 5 months since I've put in my passwords. 

Anyway, still looking for some advice to keep this up to date while still maintaining access. 

i have the exact same problem on a new clean install with the seafileltd/seafile-mc repo. Cant fix it. Any ideas?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
4 hours ago, Alvin Leong said:

i had my seafile up and running in my unraid. now, how can i link all my share into this seafile instead of only one "Container Path: /shared/"

for example, for nextcloud, i can link all my other shares folder into nextcloud easily

You can't.

I used seafile a few years ago and IIRC you can't mount a remote share like you do in nextcloud. Correct me if i'm wrong. Also, seafile (and nextcloud) is 'database based' so you have to upload all your files to the seafile server manually. I installed the seafile client for windows and had it run overnight to upload all my files. You can't just copy/paste files or folders into the "/shared/" seafile folder. They must be uploaded through your seafile website or client. You could do this in nextcloud but then you have to update your database manually (or script it) in the cli. I don't know if this works for seafile too.

I actually had an overall good experience with seafile, much better than with nextcloud.

I haven't been able to sync from my phone via the latest app. It keeps saying "Error when loading libraries. Tap to refresh".

And I'm exclusively on local LAN only (at least for now until I can get it to work).

The web version works just fine, no issues there.

The Linux (Fedora) app also works just fine.

I'm at a loss here.

Anyone else having this issue? Even better, anyone with a potential solution?

Thank you beforehand.