unRAID -> Windows 11 -> HyperV (GPU-P) DX12 Problems

Hi together,

i have some question / problem to run GPU-P on my Windows 11 VM.

i used this guide:

https://github.com/jamesstringerparsec/Easy-GPU-P

i have successfully run a second windows 11 VM inside Hyper V (unRaid->Windows11 Main VM -> HyperV -> Second windows11 VM with gpu-p).

I can run Games and all GPU Acceleration stuff fine BUT

i cant run direct x 12 stuff like diablo2r or some direct x 12 benchmarks etc.) all other stuff like older games up to direct x 11 runs perfect (i can see gpu acceleration on host system (the main windows VM -> taskmanager -> GPU)

but all games with directx12 didnt work (no screen / black screen or no reaction (just taskmanager -> programm is running).

on baremetall windows11 inside the Hyper-V ----> all runs flawless (dx12 too).

im wonderung, why d11 and down runs fine with nearly native performance of my rtx3090 (used 50% gpu-p)

but dx12 not :/

any figures out the problem and maybe have a fix for this? 

edit:

Host System:

I9 9900k

48GB Ram

rtx 3090 passtrough to windows VM

immou etc on - all works fine so far

1 parity 3 array disks 2 cache disks (nvme)

Edited by Encore
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi,

How have you managed to get nested virtualization running, aka, running unRaid->Windows11 Main VM -> HyperV -> Second windows11 VM with gpu-p.

I am trying to achieve the same, but when I start the VM in Hyper-V, the VM will start and is active, but all I can see is a black screen, resulting in not being able to do anything with the VM.

Can you please share your thoughts?

Thank you.

i have enabled hyper-v in unraid settings and inside windows Features i enabled hyper-v plattform , virtual computer etc - dk the english equalents for the german settings :/

i used the gpu-p script and all works but no dx12 AND! i got huge performance problems on my main windows machine, the gpu didnt boost over 50% 

so i have disabled it and life without hyper -v :/

i didnt make any special to get it work , just used the gpu-p script and via Hyper-V viewer i can interact with the vm + parsec etc, all worked out of the box instead dx12 + huge performance problems with the gpu on th e "host" machine (unraid->windows11 vm (gpu problems) -> hyperV->second windows vm

so i dont recommend it for second gaming instance.

i hoped to use the hyper-.v gpu p instance to spin up a second diablo2 for mule account etc.

but diablo2r use dx12 and dx12 didnt work..

dx 11 and below works but as i said, huge performance impact on the windows11 hyper-v host itself (like 30% performance ingames ; same issue if hyper-v is turned of..

the fix was to disable hyper-v / subsystem for linux etc to get my full performanec back..

Edited by Encore