luvmich

Mobo:  GA-890GPA-UD3H REV2.1 bios FF

CPU:  Sempron 140

RAM:  1X2 DDR3 Kingston

HD:  9 WD 2TB EARS

& one AOC-SASLP-MV  FW21 orig.

After reading this thread

http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=9488.0

I figured that I was having the same problem as these guys getting the AOC to boot.  AHCI was enable on all my sata ports though this whole process, until the end.

Once I put the AOC card in the computer, it finds the drive, but after initializing the system just hangs. (black screen blinking curser) If I would try to go into the mobo bios with the card installed all I would get is a blue bios screen minus the text.  F10 still worked, but that was about it.  Have to take the AOC card out to get the bios to work correctly.

Disabled "int 13h" on AOC, still no go

Next I upgrade the mobo firmware to FF, still no go:(

Next I disabled the onboard GSATA controller, still no go:(

Next I flashed the AOC from .21 to the .15  (showed some write errors during flash, but flash still took), still no boot. Though if no drives were attacted to the AOC fw.15 it would boot with the card installed now. 

Next I set the onchip and onboard Sata ports to "IDE".  Now everything works.  I had to re-arrange the drives in the device setting to get the array back on line.  All the Temps showed up in the main window.  I also then loaded up unmenu and checked the smart status on the drives.  I was getting results on all the drives:) 

I guess AHCI is just a no go on this board with a add on sata card.  I even tried a Silicon Image SIL3132 and had the same problems.  I never did see if the SIL3132 would work with "IDE" mode selected, but I bet it does.  The onboard GSATA2 is actually a JMicron JMB363.  So it may be possible to get more JMicron JMB362 cards to work with AHCI mode selected.

John

This is just an informative post.  Though I may go buy some JMicron cards to see if they work:)  I just love challenges.

Archived