Memory and fan questions (used for NAS)

ctviggen

I'm setting up a new server to replace my really old server.  I bought this motherboard: ASRock Rack E3C246D4U Micro ATX Server Motherboard LGA 1151 Intel C246:

AsRock motherboard

I was under a heavy time constraint, and bought ONE SIMM of this memory:  Crucial Technology 16GB 288-Pin EUDIMM DDR4 (PC4-19200) Server Memory Module, CL=17, Unbuffered, 2400 MT/S Speed, ECC, 1.2V, 2048Meg x 72, Dual Rank, x8 Based

I did not think about using dual-channel memory, which requires TWO SIMMs. 

For an unraid server where I use this (currently) for a NAS only, should I buy another SIMM to enable dual-channel support?

I put the motherboard into a rack-mounted case:

Rosewill case

There are two large fans in front of and blowing air over the 3.5 inch drives (I'll have 4 drives, can add 8), and two smaller fans at the back of the case, extracting air from the case.  There are two speed-controlled fan connections on the motherboard.  The current fans will not connect to these and instead connect directly to the power supply. This means they run at only one speed.

Should I buy fans that can be controlled by using the connections on the motherboard?  If so, which fans should I control (2 large front, 2 small back, or both), and is there such thing as a fan splitter that can control 2 fans?

By the way, I have started other threads and have not been able to get back to them. This is because my mother was in and out of the hospital, and I had no time to do anything.  This also caused me to not take enough time when ordering memory to think about dual channel memory.  Unfortunately, my mother passed away.  But that now means I have enough time to put this server together.