[Support] SmithyNithy's Docker Templates

So I followed the instructions (deleted container, created the file, reinstalled, added the path), tested connection and all is good, the individual files also show in Settings>Extras in Plex which is more than i had before...

so all suggests it should be working

but no preroll plays. tested on laptop and TV.

15 minutes ago, gellux said:

So I followed the instructions (deleted container, created the file, reinstalled, added the path), tested connection and all is good, the individual files also show in Settings>Extras in Plex which is more than i had before...

so all suggests it should be working

but no preroll plays. tested on laptop and TV.

Have you tried manually adding just one preroll file to the Extra field and seeing if just that one plays? I have a feeling there may be an issue with the path name. If you put in the same path with just one file from the directory, and it doesn't work, then I would guess there is a slight difference in the path names between Plex and Rolarr.

5 hours ago, Lonewolf147 said:

Have you tried manually adding just one preroll file to the Extra field and seeing if just that one plays? I have a feeling there may be an issue with the path name. If you put in the same path with just one file from the directory, and it doesn't work, then I would guess there is a slight difference in the path names between Plex and Rolarr.

i guess this is where i get confused sometimes. finding the files in FileZilla, they're in /mnt/user/appdata/binhex-plexpass/prerolls and that is what's in the Rollarr container settings.

on the Rollar WebUI, the folder is /media/prerolls/ and that matches in the Settings>Extras field in Plex as well. 

when i clicked Submit on Rollarr, the preroll field on Plex populated with all the names of the preroll files, so it knows where they are.

when you say manually, would i be using the /mnt/user... path or the /media/prerolls ? thanks

9 hours ago, gellux said:

i guess this is where i get confused sometimes. finding the files in FileZilla, they're in /mnt/user/appdata/binhex-plexpass/prerolls and that is what's in the Rollarr container settings.

on the Rollar WebUI, the folder is /media/prerolls/ and that matches in the Settings>Extras field in Plex as well. 

when i clicked Submit on Rollarr, the preroll field on Plex populated with all the names of the preroll files, so it knows where they are.

when you say manually, would i be using the /mnt/user... path or the /media/prerolls ? thanks

Do you have a preroll folder listed in your Plex container settings? You should, and it should be the same as what you created for Rollarr. That was a problem I had too. Rollarr sees your videos, and puts the correct links in Extras (as you said). But if that folder path isn't recognized by Plex, it won't find them. SO if ROllarr is /media/prerolls/, make that same one in Plex.

4 hours ago, Lonewolf147 said:

Do you have a preroll folder listed in your Plex container settings? You should, and it should be the same as what you created for Rollarr. That was a problem I had too. Rollarr sees your videos, and puts the correct links in Extras (as you said). But if that folder path isn't recognized by Plex, it won't find them. SO if ROllarr is /media/prerolls/, make that same one in Plex.

this has done it. i didn't think it would be as simple as just writing "Prerolls" and selecting a folder, but it has done the job! 

thanks very much, this is a feature i only just discovered and absolutely love, despite how small it is. i hope in the future that Plex can maybe incorporate a few more features to it, like a field for how many prerolls to play (i think i'd like a max of 2)

• Thanks 1
5 hours ago, gellux said:

this has done it. i didn't think it would be as simple as just writing "Prerolls" and selecting a folder, but it has done the job! 

thanks very much, this is a feature i only just discovered and absolutely love, despite how small it is. i hope in the future that Plex can maybe incorporate a few more features to it, like a field for how many prerolls to play (i think i'd like a max of 2)

Awesome! Glad to hear that worked for you!

Yeah, seeing some more options for that would be kinda nice.

• 4 weeks later...

So I have installed this and seems to work, Kinda.

So for the schedule it seems like it only allows you to use the currently selected schedule? I put in weekly and monthly and depending on what Schedule is selected when i press submit is what appears in plex. 

Can we not use all? Default for months where there is nothing, monthly.  Weekly to override monthly, daily to override weekly ect...

What am I missing?

On 3/21/2022 at 12:28 AM, gellux said:

FYI you can have multiple prerolls run. but not 2 random ones, and not one always and then one random. (You can have as many prerolls run just not random)

It can only be 2 prerolls every time.

If multiple paths separated by commas are entered, videos will be played sequentially.

If multiple paths separated by semi-colons are used, a single pre-roll video will be chosen randomly from the list.

example:

/Prerolls/preroll1.mkv,/Prerolls/preroll2.mkv (Will play preroll1 and then preroll2)

/Prerolls/preroll1.mkv;/Prerolls/preroll2.mkv (Will randomly select preroll1 or preroll2 and play just one of them)

Wish we had someone that would be willing to rewrite this code so that we could use a hierarchy for prerolls

Default, Monthly, Weekly, Daily, Holidays (Each with customs we can add)

Default would be used, but Monthly would override it if the month was not empty,

Monthly would be used, but weekly would override it if the weekly was not empty,

Weekly would be used, but daily would override it if the daily was not empty,

Daily would be used, but Holidays would override it if the Holiday was not empty.

But the Holidays I would like to have option for how many days before and how many days after

I currently have mine setup so that I have defaults, then if a month has files it uses the month, else default. I then have holidays and Birthdays, ext.. added and if any of them have files, it overrides the month or default for set time frame of days before and after.

I am doing this via another docker but I have to manually enter in all the info in a config file, would be nice to have a GUI like this one. (Wish I had the skills to create stuff)

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I just installed the prometheus-qbitorrent-exporter. I have it set up as a source in Grafana but have no data yet. I'm completely new to both prometheus and grafana so I'm lost as to where to configure the environment variables for my qbitorrent instance. can someone point me in the right direction please?

7 hours ago, VelcroBP said:

I just installed the prometheus-qbitorrent-exporter. I have it set up as a source in Grafana but have no data yet. I'm completely new to both prometheus and grafana so I'm lost as to where to configure the environment variables for my qbitorrent instance. can someone point me in the right direction please?

nvm. figured it out. it was a derp moment on my end

• 2 months later...

Is this still maintained? I was able to get the json file to properly update, but nothing ever makes it to the Plex config. I have the folders mounted into the containers as /prerolls/prerollfile.mp4. Specifying the exact same thing manually in Plex works fine.

Nevermind, it randomly started working. I do agree with an older comment though, specifying a timeframe surrounding holidays is sorely needed.

Edited by JohnnyGrey
  • 5 weeks later...

i agree with other commenters, my suggestion is to be able to combine the holiday or custom schedules with monthly. 

almulder: i'm not sure how you've configured all that, sounds very complicated for me, but i thought Rollarr already did the prioritisation regarding defaults anyway.

currently i have a list of about 20 prerolls under Default, and use the Holiday schedule. i was excited for my horror preroll to play this month, but it looks like maybe the "Halloween" holiday schedule is just October 31st, not all of October. so in that regard, i'd also like to be able to determine when the holiday periods begin and end (i suspect they are different for everyone)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/27/2022 at 9:48 PM, VideoVibrations said:

I need help. rollarr says it has a connection to the server and sent the pre-rolls to plex but nothing changes within plex. I can copy paste the paths from Rollar manually and the pre-rolls work fine. What am I missing?

I'm having this issue now too. None of my set files are actually transferring to Plex. They used to, so I don't know what has changed to affect this. Probably something in Plex itself since Rollarr doesn't update very often.  So for now I'm back to manually adding my preroll lists until this gets sorted out.

18 minutes ago, Lonewolf147 said:

I'm having this issue now too. None of my set files are actually transferring to Plex. They used to, so I don't know what has changed to affect this. Probably something in Plex itself since Rollarr doesn't update very often.  So for now I'm back to manually adding my preroll lists until this gets sorted out.

@Lonewolf147 & @VideoVibrations
Yeah I think the issue is also with Rollarr, it was last updated 10ish months ago. Could be that Plex has made some changed that broke Rollar.
I think it might be worth considering marking this docker template as outdated or EOL, because most of the issue are because of Rollarr, not the template itself.

Edited by SmithyNithy
  • Thanks 1

No problem, I get that this is confusing.
So just to sum it all up.

Somebody, https://github.com/TheHumanRobot in this case, made a cool software. He also made it into a Docker container.
Somebody else, me in this case, made this cool software appear in the Unraid "App Store".  For this I wrote a template and gave it to the "App Store".

Sometimes this is the same person, sometimes there are even more people contributing to this whole process.

• Thanks 2
  • 4 weeks later...