Unraid Crash on Parity Check

Hi All I have been trying to identify the cuas eof constant crashes when carrying out parity checks it will get to around 1% then system will totally hang requiring a power cycle it has been  left on for a whole night with the system never responding so I am confident it isn't just slow performance. I have carried out disk check, they provided no errors so I repaired anyway because I am hearing some strange things. In addition I have noticed my smart report showing errors but my drives showing healthy. I also have found that the disks with the exception of one refuse to run extended test, I click on it and it runs for like 1 second then stops. They also don't display drive capabilities these are all the same brand the 2 other disks are a different brand. 

Just some background on the system 5820k X99 mother board 8 SAS Drives with SAS controller 6x toshiba 3tb 2x hitachi 3tb (these are the owns which run the smart tesdt)

I am a noob so I maybe be missing something so your help is much appreciated. 

I can see others have something similar but I can't see anyone given an actual solution. 

Diagnostic file attached

titan-diagnostics-20220106-1309.zip

Edited by madmanx
Add more information
13 minutes ago, trurl said:

Was the crash between these 2 entries?

Jan  6 08:42:45 Titan ool www[31028]: /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix/scripts/rsyslog_config
Jan  6 12:51:48 Titan rsyslogd: [origin software="rsyslogd" swVersion="8.2002.0" x-pid="6885" x-info="https://www.rsyslog.com"] start

Yes that was one of them. I'm going to try it again but this time boot into SafeMode also forgot to say I have also put the memory through memtest and 2 passes with 0 errors. I'm going to drop some new RAM and see what happens

1 minute ago, madmanx said:

could it be the SAS raid controller? 

I guess it could be.

The thing about parity checks is it accesses all the array disks simultaneously. One of the reasons power is sometimes mentioned in these situations. A normal desktop PC with multiple drives may not have them all spin up at the same time. Then again they may not ever spin down after boot in that environment either.

I would think 1% into the check would have everything spinning already, but don't know how accurate that "1%" really is.

I guess a controller could react badly to multiple disk access too. Maybe overheating?

2 minutes ago, madmanx said:

confused by the log

If you mean those logs from syslog server, sometimes they help and sometimes they don't. Syslog server doesn't really get going until after most of the boot process has completed, so those entries don't appear, but it is the entries leading up to crash that are sometimes useful in a crash. Sometimes nothing obvious is logged when this happens because it just crashes before anything can be logged.