Drive is suddenly unmountable and 2 others emulated.

Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

The succinct story is I noticed errors during parity checks and found that me raid / jabod had gone bad. I moved some disks around to the on board controller but three drives where still on the bad card. The three on the bad card all reported errors so I shut the server down until the replacement came. (Sorry I did not get a diagnostic because I started getting kernel panic shutdowns from either a bad bios setting to the card. Either way that problem is fixed.) The new card is in place and the original observed errors are gone. But now the drives are doing other weird stuff. This all could have come from the several bad shutdowns. 

1. One drive is now reporting unmountable. This is the main problem. I do not want to format it like the UI is suggesting. The drive should be still good. Is there a way to repair the file system and get it recognized by the system?
  2. Two drives where put into emulated mode and disabled. This happened during the crazy shutdowns. I removed them from the array and added them back and parity check started immediately and started repairing those drives. It will be done soon. Then I'll know how bad it is for them. (update: Parity finished. I believe problem ixed)
  3. Third issue is related the problem 2 . Literally while writing this post a fourth disk reported over 690 million errors. However the parity check just finished and reported three fixed and normal operation. 

The only real issue is the unmountable drive. Any advice what I should do about it?

Update: I just ran another parity check just to make sure everything was good. There were a massive amount of errors reported by the same disk from problem 3. Now both parity disks are disabled. What a hot mess. I'll post another diag since the errors and the disabling of the parity disks.

pensieve-diagnostics-20220107-0051.zip

pensieve-diagnostics-20220107-0107.zip

Screenshot 2022-01-07 011120.png

Edited by VictorCharlie

Thank you. I moved everything to the new controller card.

What is the best plan for the disabled parity drives and the unmountable one? If I removes and re-add the parity drives will that delete all the parity info on them? So I don't want to do that until I get the unmountable drive working. Advice from anyone?

Update: Disk2 ( the unmountable one) is now mounted. I followed the steps outlined in the link above. I ended up running it twice because I found suggestion on a Ubuntu forum but the Unraid one was much better. I stopped the array and started it again in maintenance mode and it mounted. 

As for the parity drives I removed one and then added it again. A sync button showed up and I started the parity sync for one of the drives. This will take hours to finish. I'll update when it's done. I will probably do it again for the second drive after that.

Thank you for the help. I am still open to suggestions. Also I see errors for the NVME drive in the syslog is that from the failed sata controller?

34 minutes ago, JorgeB said:

Check filesystem on disk2, then you can re-sync parities.

12 hours ago, VictorCharlie said:

Also I see errors for the NVME drive in the syslog is that from the failed sata controller?

The problem is the other pool member, looks like it dropped offline earlier, probably due to the controller issues, run a scrub on the pool and check that there aren't uncorrectable errors, also good idea to check this.