(SOLVED) Fix Common Problems: Machine Check Events reported, asking for help

Cakey
Go to solution Solved by Squid,

Hey Folks,

Wonder if you could assist me with this? I have just upgraded my unraid hardware (new mobo, memory, cpu) and Fix Common Problems is now reporting a Machine Check Event and advising that I post here for help. I did make one software change between the old and new hardware, by enabling EFI boot on my usb stick.

I have attached the suggested log files, when I look through the syslog file I can see the following:

Jan  8 20:49:28 Queenie kernel: mce: [Hardware Error]: Machine check events logged
Jan  8 20:49:28 Queenie kernel: mce: [Hardware Error]: CPU 0: Machine Check: 0 Bank 6: ee2000000040110a
Jan  8 20:49:28 Queenie kernel: mce: [Hardware Error]: TSC 0 ADDR fef20000 MISC 43880000086 
Jan  8 20:49:28 Queenie kernel: mce: [Hardware Error]: PROCESSOR 0:a0653 TIME 1641674913 SOCKET 0 APIC 0 microcode e0

Having done some googling around it looks to me as if it -might- not be a problem (very similar thread here), or the world might be about to end. I just don't know enough to have a good sense of what to do next. Should I ignore it and acknowledge the error, or do I need to RMA everything?

Many thanks in advance,

queenie-diagnostics-20220108-1324.zip

Edited by Cakey
  • Cakey changed the title to (SOLVED) Fix Common Problems: Machine Check Events reported, asking for help