Shutting down VM crashes UNRAID

I am running unraid with a couple VMs, Ubuntu and a couple Win10 machines. Ubuntu will shut down no problem but the Win10 machines seem to always crash unraid when I shut them down. I will need to hard power down unraid to get it to work again. 

I am sure there are logs that will be helpful in diagnosing the problem but not sure where to get them. please let me know so I can provide to help me solve this very annoying problem.

thank you!

I appreciate the suggestion but i probably should have provided more info my setup. 

I have a 4930k with a Asus sabertooth x79 board. gt710 as primary GPU outputting unraid GUI. I have a gtx1080 passed through to the vms. I feel like it may have something to do with USB or device pass through. I have a generic Xbox controller that I use. I have tried both assigning the Xbox controller to the VM through the VM template and also using the USB manager plugin to attach once started. both ways unraid will still often crash when shutting down the VM. 

let me know what kind of logs I can provide to help and where I can find them. everything else is working son perfectly I just want to figure out this one thing. 

thank you!!

i just had one of my win10 running for several hours without issue.  there had been a couple windows updates so i selected shutdown and update.  it seemed to update then shutdown and Unraid then crashed.  i had to reset the whole server.

i grabbed the diagnostics just now and included them below.  any help will be much appreciated.

thank you!

rocinante-diagnostics-20220113-2029.zip

• 2 months later...

okay... i know it has been awhile but i have had a chance to try a few things...  I now have a single gpu GTX1080 passed through with the rom.  i also have a soundblaster z card, and two usb pcie cards passed through.  I have bind the GTX1080 at boot since it is now my only gpu (i previously had a 610 passed through).  seems my VMS will start and shutdown reliably now.  however my win 10 vms will randomly freeze and i will have to force stop them from the unraid GUI from another device.  most of the time they will then stop and everything is good.  in addition another issue i have is everytime i start a win 10 vm i dont get sound and i have to reinstall the sound card driver or disable/enable the device to get it working.  i realize this is new challenges but i am willing to try anything to help figure this out!  thank you!!