[Support] Josh5 - Steam (Headless)

1 hour ago, deadmeatgames said:

Baiscly loops around "80-configure_nvidia_driver.sh" Could be the driver is just not advaliable

[ /scripts/40-setup_locale.sh: executing... ]
**** Locales already set correctly to en_US.UTF-8 UTF-8 ****
DONE

[ /scripts/50-configure_audio.sh: executing... ]
**** Configure pulseaudio socket ****
DONE

[ /scripts/80-configure_nvidia_driver.sh: executing... ]
**** Found NVIDIA device 'Quadro P600' ****
Downloading driver

[ /scripts/10-setup_user.sh: executing... ]
**** Configure default user ****
Setting run user uid=100(default) gid=99(default)
usermod: no changes
Setting umask to 000
Adding default home directory template
Setting root password
Setting user password
DONE

edit: so i manualy downloaded the driver thats the corect version that i have running on the host and placed it in the .cache/nvidia folder where the scipt expect it to be but it still just loops

What version of the driver do you have on the host?

13 hours ago, Josh.5 said:

Is this controller input using your phone?

For the mobile device that's the only option I have right now, I don't have a Bluetooth controller. Steam provides a controller map and it just works for the most part. Touchscreen inputs work. I tried using a controller with my desktop + remote play of the same game I tried to use on the phone. 

Quick update, I had the thought to quickly try and use a USB adapter to plug the controller into the phone, and that works! Can control big picture, but not games still.

Edited by JimTebo
tried somethinhg

Btw i have 2 bugs. Streaming steam to my nvidia shield i am able to use my dualsense controller in the steam menus but as soon as i get into a game, i cant do anything anymore. Same is for audio, works in the steam menu, but as soon as i start a game, i cant hear anything streaming to my shield

5 hours ago, Mantene said:

Possible to add Lutris to it? https://github.com/lutris/lutris

Lutris is coming... Along with Retroarch.

I have been debugging and sorting out the controller issues this week. I have found the solution and am just working on the best way to get that to Unraid users. @ich777 has kindly offered to create a plugin that will add the required kernel modules to Unraid that this container needs to fix the controller issues. Once this is sorted I will publish an updated template in CA that will include all the new container features and a description in the first post of this thread of what needs to be installed.

• Like 2
On 1/11/2022 at 6:47 PM, spdelope said:

Are there limitations to the games I can install, like I can't seem to install among us? Can I install ISO images?

I've installed among us and have tested it out. It does not work well with a controller input, but touchscreen input on my phone works perfectly (including the virtual touch controls).

Hey team,

Huge thanks to @ich777 for adding the uinput module to his list of plugins that he maintains (currently pending being added to CA). This has fixed controller support for this container on Unraid.

I have updated the Unraid Docker template for this container. If you want to enable controller support with your Steam Remote Play, then, remove the container from your docker tab and then head back over to CA and re-install it. The template now has under the advanced section the ability to toggle the audio for the web interface on/off as well as a "Mode" configuration (mode is currently in testing and is not usable).

Later on today / tomorrow I will update the initial post with instructions on installing that include the required uinput plugin

• Like 1

Hey, i tried to add a custom dns through the --dns="xyz...." option in the extra parameters field, which in theory should work, but somehow the dns is not used. I am trying to use my lancache as a dns server so game downloaded get downloaded way way faster if i have them downloaded atleast once in the past year/s, unfortunately, this doesnt work. Any idea why or an option to set a custom dns through an environment variable maybe?

Hey, i tried to add a custom dns through the --dns="xyz...." option in the extra parameters field, which in theory should work, but somehow the dns is not used. I am trying to use my lancache as a dns server so game downloaded get downloaded way way faster if i have them downloaded atleast once in the past year/s, unfortunately, this doesnt work. Any idea why or an option to set a custom dns through an environment variable maybe?
I'll look into it this week

In order to keep the Docker image size below 3GB, I've decided to roll out installer scripts with the image. You can initialise these from the menu under Applications > Games.

image.thumb.png.7a2300fd8cb3a6b03a6b6d621b573335.png

These installers will generate a installation script that will live in ~/init.d/* and will be executed on container startup. If you update the container image or modify the template settings, the install scripts will re-install the various applications next start of the container.

Personally, I am having a lot of trouble getting something from Epic Games Store to work. I'm not much of a Linux gamer. Steam is pretty sweet and seamless, but these other things are kinda clunky and require that you know what to do or where to go for configuration docs.

If anyone knows a good setup for legendary for the EGS, I would love to hear it...

Hello, first I'm appreciate your work, docker runs kinda great for me.

Even Windows only games like gta v are launching and running. The problem that I are having at the moment, where I don't find the problem, is that my gpu just stays in idle. Games run kinda crappy even benchmarks aren't using the gpu. I got an RTX3070ti if this maybe helps you or someone else here.

Edited by Bot_Legolas
Typo
49 minutes ago, Bot_Legolas said:

Hello, first I'm appreciate your work, docker runs kinda great for me.

Even Windows only games like gta v are launching and running. The problem that I are having at the moment, where I don't find the problem, is that my gpu just stays in idle. Games run kinda crappy even benchmarks aren't using the gpu. I got an RTX3070ti if this maybe helps you or someone else here.

It looks like the gpu is not changing from idle to power mode. I'm in p3 power state when running games or benchmarks, gpu is throttling because of idle state wattage only around 50-55w. Load around 20-30% clocks range from 550-1000mhz core clock. So it seems like the gpu is not really getting passed trough? Am I missing something?

6 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Please share your Diagnostics.

What benchmarks are you running?

What card are you using?

Diagnostics .zip atteched hope thats right.

Benchmark is unigine heaven but the problems occur even in games like Garry's Mod, GTA V, ..

The card that i'm using is the RTX 3070Ti FE.

Nvidia Driver installed card regognized. Inserted in the docker. Docker is seeing the card, shows up in the x-server which is installed.

Reports seems fine when utilizing the card with like tdarr. All dockers turned off to remove maybe conflicts doesn't seem to help.

Probably something simple which i'm overlooking

unraid-diagnostics-20220115-2254.zip