[Support] Josh5 - Steam (Headless)

On 9/15/2023 at 1:02 PM, enJOyIT said:

Strange issue here...

I click on "Play", it's checking Cloud Status and immediately stops and the "Play" Button reappears... Game obv. won't start.

I am using a Nvidia A2000

Are there any log files I can check? The docker logs don't show any useful?!

Any thoughts?

Edit: Reinstalling the game worked... 

I'm also running an A2000, but not luck making de Docker running from it, how did you did it?

3 hours ago, Cesarinny said:

I'm also running an A2000, but not luck making de Docker running from it, how did you did it?

Hi,

try that extra parameter:

--hostname='SteamHeadless'   --add-host='SteamHeadless:127.0.0.1'   --restart='unless-stopped'   --shm-size='2G'   --ipc='host'   -v '/tmp/.X11-unix/':'/tmp/.X11-unix/':'rw'   -v '/tmp/tmp/pulse/':'/tmp/tmp/pulse/':'rw'   --ulimit='nofile=1024:524288'   --device='/dev/fuse'   --device='/dev/uinput'   --device-cgroup-rule='c 13:* rmw'   --cap-add='NET_ADMIN'   --cap-add='SYS_ADMIN'   --cap-add='SYS_NICE'

image.thumb.png.39ab532e9ea9c5080a777b3c77d4d0fc.png

For me it's running fine with that.

Edited by enJOyIT
7 hours ago, enJOyIT said:

Hi,

try that extra parameter:

--hostname='SteamHeadless'   --add-host='SteamHeadless:127.0.0.1'   --restart='unless-stopped'   --shm-size='2G'   --ipc='host'   -v '/tmp/.X11-unix/':'/tmp/.X11-unix/':'rw'   -v '/tmp/tmp/pulse/':'/tmp/tmp/pulse/':'rw'   --ulimit='nofile=1024:524288'   --device='/dev/fuse'   --device='/dev/uinput'   --device-cgroup-rule='c 13:* rmw'   --cap-add='NET_ADMIN'   --cap-add='SYS_ADMIN'   --cap-add='SYS_NICE'

image.thumb.png.39ab532e9ea9c5080a777b3c77d4d0fc.png

For me it's running fine with that.

Your missing a crucial extra param --runtime=nvidia

Thanks! now my A2000 is working!

Does anyone know how to make the default storage a share or a unassgnied device instead of my cache pool?
Besides Steam i'm running Lutris in this container but can't install almost any current game once my cache pool only has 256gb, i've tried to map to a disk in my array and to my unassigned device but keeps using my cache as default storage.

image.thumb.png.ef9a8dc5b5aaf819d09b85db9f369ccd.pngimage.thumb.png.cd1adc85dd0c85e5ded2827990def2fb.pngimage.thumb.png.6360cab8a1a51d70501954550b96addc.png

Edited by Cesarinny

Hello.

After update to 6.12.8 docker don't want to start with connected nvidia graphics card. I found error like bellow:

Verifying archive integrity... OK
Uncompressing NVIDIA Accelerated Graphics Driver for Linux-x86_64 550.54.14........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

WARNING: You specified the '--no-kernel-modules' command line option, nvidia-installer will not install any kernel modules as part of this driver installation, and it will not remove existing NVIDIA kernel modules not part of an earlier NVIDIA driver installation.  Please ensure that NVIDIA kernel modules matching this driver version are installed separately.

WARNING: Unable to determine the path to install the libglvnd EGL vendor library config files. Check that you have pkg-config and the libglvnd development libraries installed, or specify a path with --glvnd-egl-config-path.

ERROR: Unable to delete existing file '/lib/firmware/nvidia/550.54.14/gsp_tu10x.bin' (Device or resource busy)

ERROR: Unable to delete existing file '/lib/firmware/nvidia/550.54.14/gsp_ga10x.bin' (Device or resource busy)

ERROR: Unable to delete existing file '/usr/bin/nvidia-smi' (Device or resource busy)

ERROR: Unable to delete existing file '/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libnvidia-ml.so.550.54.14' (Device or resource busy)

ERROR: Unable to delete existing file '/usr/bin/nvidia-debugdump' (Device or resource busy)

ERROR: Unable to delete existing file '/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libcuda.so.550.54.14' (Device or resource busy)

ERROR: Unable to delete existing file '/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libnvidia-opencl.so.550.54.14' (Device or resource busy)

ERROR: Unable to delete existing file '/usr/bin/nvidia-cuda-mps-control' (Device or resource busy)

ERROR: Unable to delete existing file '/usr/bin/nvidia-cuda-mps-server' (Device or resource busy)

ERROR: Unable to delete existing file '/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libnvidia-ptxjitcompiler.so.550.54.14' (Device or resource busy)

ERROR: Unable to delete existing file '/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libcudadebugger.so.550.54.14' (Device or resource busy)

ERROR: Unable to delete existing file '/usr/bin/nvidia-persistenced' (Device or resource busy)

ERROR: Unable to delete existing file '/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libnvidia-nvvm.so.550.54.14' (Device or resource busy)

ERROR: Unable to delete existing file '/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libnvidia-gpucomp.so.550.54.14' (Device or resource busy)

ERROR: Unable to delete existing file '/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libnvidia-glcore.so.550.54.14' (Device or resource busy)

ERROR: Unable to delete existing file '/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libnvidia-tls.so.550.54.14' (Device or resource busy)

ERROR: Unable to delete existing file '/etc/vulkan/icd.d/nvidia_icd.json' (Device or resource busy)

ERROR: Unable to delete existing file '/etc/vulkan/implicit_layer.d/nvidia_layers.json' (Device or resource busy)

ERROR: Unable to delete existing file '/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libGLX_nvidia.so.550.54.14' (Device or resource busy)

ERROR: Unable to delete existing file '/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libnvidia-glsi.so.550.54.14' (Device or resource busy)

ERROR: Unable to delete existing file '/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libnvidia-glvkspirv.so.550.54.14' (Device or resource busy)

ERROR: Unable to delete existing file '/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libnvidia-eglcore.so.550.54.14' (Device or resource busy)

ERROR: Unable to delete existing file '/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libEGL_nvidia.so.550.54.14' (Device or resource busy)

ERROR: Unable to delete existing file '/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libGLESv2_nvidia.so.550.54.14' (Device or resource busy)

ERROR: Unable to delete existing file '/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libGLESv1_CM_nvidia.so.550.54.14' (Device or resource busy)

ERROR: Unable to delete existing file '/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libnvidia-cfg.so.550.54.14' (Device or resource busy)

ERROR: Unable to delete existing file '/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libnvidia-allocator.so.550.54.14' (Device or resource busy)

ERROR: Unable to delete existing file '/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libnvidia-rtcore.so.550.54.14' (Device or resource busy)

ERROR: Unable to delete existing file '/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libnvoptix.so.550.54.14' (Device or resource busy)

ERROR: Unable to delete existing file '/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libnvidia-ngx.so.550.54.14' (Device or resource busy)

ERROR: Unable to delete existing file '/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libnvidia-fbc.so.550.54.14' (Device or resource busy)

ERROR: Unable to delete existing file '/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libnvcuvid.so.550.54.14' (Device or resource busy)

ERROR: Unable to delete existing file '/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libnvidia-encode.so.550.54.14' (Device or resource busy)

ERROR: Unable to delete existing file '/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libnvidia-opticalflow.so.550.54.14' (Device or resource busy)

ERROR: Unable to delete existing file '/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libnvidia-pkcs11.so.550.54.14' (Device or resource busy)

ERROR: Unable to delete existing file '/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libnvidia-pkcs11-openssl3.so.550.54.14' (Device or resource busy)

ERROR: Unable to delete existing file '/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libcuda.so.550.54.14' (Device or resource busy)

ERROR: Unable to delete existing file '/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libnvidia-ptxjitcompiler.so.550.54.14' (Device or resource busy)

ERROR: Unable to delete existing file '/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libnvidia-ml.so.550.54.14' (Device or resource busy)

ERROR: Unable to delete existing file '/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libnvidia-nvvm.so.550.54.14' (Device or resource busy)

ERROR: Unable to delete existing file '/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libnvidia-opencl.so.550.54.14' (Device or resource busy)

ERROR: Unable to delete existing file '/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libGLX_nvidia.so.550.54.14' (Device or resource busy)

ERROR: Unable to delete existing file '/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libnvidia-glcore.so.550.54.14' (Device or resource busy)

ERROR: Unable to delete existing file '/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libnvidia-tls.so.550.54.14' (Device or resource busy)

ERROR: Unable to delete existing file '/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libnvidia-glvkspirv.so.550.54.14' (Device or resource busy)

ERROR: Unable to delete existing file '/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libnvidia-glsi.so.550.54.14' (Device or resource busy)

ERROR: Unable to delete existing file '/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libnvidia-gpucomp.so.550.54.14' (Device or resource busy)

ERROR: Unable to delete existing file '/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libnvcuvid.so.550.54.14' (Device or resource busy)

ERROR: Unable to delete existing file '/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libnvidia-encode.so.550.54.14' (Device or resource busy)

ERROR: Unable to delete existing file '/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libnvidia-eglcore.so.550.54.14' (Device or resource busy)

ERROR: Unable to delete existing file '/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libEGL_nvidia.so.550.54.14' (Device or resource busy)

ERROR: Unable to delete existing file '/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libGLESv2_nvidia.so.550.54.14' (Device or resource busy)

ERROR: Unable to delete existing file '/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libGLESv1_CM_nvidia.so.550.54.14' (Device or resource busy)

ERROR: Unable to delete existing file '/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libnvidia-fbc.so.550.54.14' (Device or resource busy)

ERROR: Unable to delete existing file '/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libnvidia-allocator.so.550.54.14' (Device or resource busy)

ERROR: Unable to delete existing file '/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libnvidia-opticalflow.so.550.54.14' (Device or resource busy)

21 hours ago, flipek87 said:

Hello.

After update to 6.12.8 docker don't want to start with connected nvidia graphics card.

I just setup a new box with 6.12.8 and I think the same thing is happening to me. If I start the container it just goes into a restarting loop. If I ask Unraid to show me the logs it the popup window closes instantly.

If I remove the nvidia part in extra parameters it works fine again.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm trying to get the sound to work through the secondary instance.

The main one is working just fine through moonlight/sunshine and I can see the secondary instance and launch games and play them just fine, but there is absolutely no sound. I've tried a couple of games and also playing videos through the steam store page (which work on the main instance) but I hear nothing on secondary. Is there any configuration I have to do to get this working?

I've been searching through this thread and haven't had any luck finding info on getting an AMD igpu working other than radeon-top and remove the nvidia parameters.  Anyone know of anything else to try or is that a known no-go.  AMD 5700G.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, have rebooted unRaid after changes to test/rule out as well.

Thanks!

Edited by bigthrilla
Added info

At first thanks very much to this projekt it works such great:)

Is it normal when i start the container that all disk from the array spin up?
I have no share or something from the array connected to the container.
Its not a big problem but dont understand why.

• 3 weeks later...

Just set this up, for now just with integrated graphics till I get my GPU moved over into my server. Installed, connected to via Steam Link, but Steam says that no internet connection is available. Other apps within the container's XFCE desktop can get online. The container network setting is set to Host. Is there something else I need to configure or assign? Sorry, this feels like a stupid question. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, I was wondering if there are some best practices with respect to performance in the docker? I notice some people saying it performs better than windows VM's.

For me though, using an RTX3080 and 12 cores pinned from my 7950x performance drops quite significantly. I currently run about 60fps in GTA V max settings, 90fps in World At War max settings and maybe 20fps in Crusader Kings 3 all at 1440p. I recall getting atleast an average of 100fps on GTA V on 1440p ultrawide and atleast 70fps average on CK3 maxed out ultrawide.

I have the storage directly set without /user/ as described in earlier posts. I use 8.0-5 in steam to be able to play the games.  I also see that usually my GPU is only at about 30-40% load, my CPU also looks like it barely gets used all cores anywhere between 0-20% while running the game. Really hoping there is some way to decrease the gap between my VM and the Docker.

That said, do really enjoy this docker and the ability to use my hardware as a cloud gaming server, thanks for making this docker!