Swapped 2080 for 6900XT and now can't access GUI

BBLV
Go to solution Solved by Squid,

My server has been pretty rock solid for a while, but I just swapped an Nvidia 2080 for a new AMD 6900XT and now can't access the GUI from a browser (and I lack the skill to figure out what may be the issue via the console).

When it boots up Unraid loads and goes straight to the command console login prompt. I'm not getting the blue boot menu to select GUI and attempting to access the server via IP from a local browser times out. If I set the BIOS to boot to my VM's SSD, Windows 10 boots without issue.

I'm sure it's something simple, but it's been quite a while since I originally set this all up and did the deep dive on the full process.

FYI this server is in my server rack running headless and I access the GUI exclusively from a browser (either on laptop or iphone). I use the server for a Plex server and a Windows 10 gaming VM with the GPU passed through. The connected "monitor" is a 4K projector in the next room, so troubleshooting can be a real PITA.

Any quick troubleshooting tips?

1 hour ago, itimpi said:

This is confusing.   The blue boot menu happens BEFORE Unraid loads.

I only mentioned it because I DON'T see the blue menu before Unraid loads. This may be how I configured it previously to run headless, but I cannot remember.

Edited by BBLV

Oddly (and I'm not sure if this is the issue) my eth0 and eth1 show different MACs in different config files. In the syslog eth0 shows the MAC address as b4:2e:99:32:d5:73 but in network-rules.cfg eth0 shows as b4:2e:99:32:d5:77... And conversely, eth1 shows as b4:2e:99:32:d5:75 in syslog but shows as b4:2e:99:32:d5:73 in network-rules.cfg?

My BIOS shows that my active "connected" NIC is MAC address b4:2e:99:32:d5:73 at PCI address 03:00:00 which corresponds to eth0 in the syslog. I'm very confused LOL

network-rules.cfg

Edited by BBLV

I believe I have a networking issue caused by some BIOS tweaks. I updated my BIOS at the same time that I was tweaking settings to try to get Unraid to boot after the GPU swap that may have led to some PCI glitch?

I'm going to delete my network.cfg file to reset my network settings and see if that will at least allow me to access the GUI.

1 hour ago, Squid said:

There's no link being detected on any of your NICs.  You sure the cable is plugged in? (Both ends).  Any lights on the NIC or the switch?

Ok I'm a complete fool. I actually have three different LAN ports and thought I had the right one. Tried the third that I couldn't see from my angle behind the rack and USB devices and sure enough, back to normal...

Thanks for taking the time to help me out here, yet again!