GPU not passing through on new hardware

So, here's the problem.

A couple of days ago I upgraded my motherboard and cpu, (got a i9 10850k on Asrock motherboard) after setting everything up unraid started properly, the vm started properly and everything was working properly as it should.

Except that the VM kept freezing even for up to 2 minutes at a time, all the vm cores went to 100% and stayed there until it unfroze.

I had this vm running fine for about a year so I'm sure that my 2080 doesn't have any issues getting passed to a VM.

I did a quick reboot of the server hoping that it would fix the issue but it made a bigger one, now every time I try to start the VM it pauses after the TianoCore logo comes up. If I try to resume it it comes up saying: " internal error: unable to execute QEMU command 'cont': Resetting the Virtual Machine is required ".

I checked the logs and got the "qemu-system-x86_64: vfio_err_notifier_handler" warning with the GPU id and it's other components.

I tried removing the GPU and using VNC which worked perfectly so I'm sure that the problem is related to the GPU passthrough, I made a different VM but didn't solve the issue. I really don't understand how it happened as it was working kind of fine and stopped working just after the Unraid reboot. If someone has any idea on how to fix this please let me know.

Thank you

So, I got some more news, I was thinkering with it for a while and I figured out that if I remove the gpu usb component and put it back in it starts working properly until I reboot the server, once the server is rebooted it doesn't work, however if I unplug it and replug it it starts behaving properly. Hopefully someone can help with this