Qbittorrentvpn cannot be seen from sonarr/radarr

I apologise if this isn't the right place for this kind of query. I checked the Docker Containers forums but they all seem to be for the application-specific config issues. So I figured I would try this here.

I use binhex-sabnzbdvpn with Sonarr/Radarr both privoxying through it. All three of them are working great together.

I also have binhex-qbittorrentvpn which has its own IP and is in the same subnet (with the apps mentioned above). However, I cannot get it to be reached by Sonarr/Radarr.

In Sonarr/Radarr > Settings > General > Proxy, I have already added binhex-qbittorrentvpn's IP to the "Ignored Addresses". I have also checked "Bypass Proxy for Local Address". And if the VPN is not enabled, binhex-qbittorrentvpn can be reached from Sonarr/Radarr.

However, when the VPN is enabled, they just don't see it.

I have read binhex's VPN Docker FAQ and understood that due to the iptables tightening, when the VPN is on it might not allow the connections from the outside into the VPN tunnel. So, I had set the WebUI port (8080) in VPN_INPUT_PORTS in the binhex-qbittorrentvpn template but still, no joy.

So, I'm stumped. What am I missing here? Any ideas?

On 1/13/2022 at 2:13 PM, wgstarks said:

I think this would have been better posted in the binhex-qbittorrentvpn support thread but since you have posted it here I’m tagging @binhex. He likely understands the iptable settings better than most.

Thank you for responding. Whilst I'd still like an input from @binhex on how to correctly do this, I've got it working in the interim.

So, I changed the Web UI port to 9090 and set the VPN_INPUT_PORTS to 8080 (for sabnzbd Web UI) in binhex-qbittorrentvpn, and routed binhex-sabnzbd through it.

As for Sonarr and Radarr, I'm Privoxying them through binhex-qbittorentvpn. Now, they can reach to both binhex-qbittorrentvpn and binhex-sabnzbd from the Download Clients.

There are some (minor) issues though;

• Unraid / Docker / binhex-sabnzbd / Left-click Menu, "Web UI" option no longer shows up.
  • Unraid / Docker / binhex-qbittorrentvpn / PORT MAPPINGS (APP TO HOST), it's still showing IP:8080/TCP <=> IP:8080 (as opposed to 9090 as I have changed it).

Except for those, all seem to be working okay.

Edited by n00bmaster
Adding bulletpoints
39 minutes ago, n00bmaster said:

There are some (minor) issues though;

Did you follow the installation instructions on GitHub?

In particular-

Due to issues with CSRF and port mapping, should you require to alter the port for the webui you need to change both sides of the -p 8080 switch AND set the WEBUI_PORT variable to the new port.

For example, to set the port to 8090 you need to set -p 8090:8090 and -e WEBUI_PORT=8090

12 minutes ago, wgstarks said:

Did you follow the installation instructions on GitHub?

In particular-

I haven't done any installation manually. It's only been point-and-click installations, and any config alternation I did were via the GUI template.

Having said that, I'm pretty sure what you've quoted is the same as what I've done i.e. in the template, I have

• Set the WebUI address to to http://[IP]:[PORT:9090]/
  • Edited the WebUI Host Port to "Host Port:9090", "Default Value:9090"
  • Edited the Container Variable: WEBUI_PORT to "Value:9090", "Default Value:9090"
6 minutes ago, wgstarks said:

Attach your docker run command to t your next post. Be sure to redact the user and password fields.

This is what you meant, right?

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name='binhex-qbittorrentvpn' --net='br1' --ip='192.168.7.130' --privileged=true -e TZ="Europe/London" -e HOST_OS="Unraid" -e 'TCP_PORT_6881'='6881' -e 'UDP_PORT_6881'='6881' -e 'TCP_PORT_8080'='9090' -e 'TCP_PORT_8118'='8118' -e 'VPN_ENABLED'='yes' -e 'VPN_USER'='redacted' -e 'VPN_PASS'='redacted' -e 'VPN_PROV'='redacted' -e 'VPN_CLIENT'='openvpn' -e 'VPN_OPTIONS'='' -e 'STRICT_PORT_FORWARD'='yes' -e 'ENABLE_PRIVOXY'='yes' -e 'WEBUI_PORT'='9090' -e 'LAN_NETWORK'='192.168.7.0/24' -e 'NAME_SERVERS'='84.200.69.80,37.235.1.174,1.1.1.1,37.235.1.177,84.200.70.40,1.0.0.1' -e 'VPN_INPUT_PORTS'='8080' -e 'VPN_OUTPUT_PORTS'='' -e 'DEBUG'='false' -e 'UMASK'='000' -e 'PUID'='99' -e 'PGID'='100' -v '/mnt/user/downloads/':'/data':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/appdata/binhex-qbittorrentvpn':'/config':'rw' --sysctl="net.ipv4.conf.all.src_valid_mark=1" 'binhex/arch-qbittorrentvpn'

I saw 'TCP_PORT_8080'='9090' ..so I guess it hasn't mapped it like I thought it had :/

To clarify, both of their (qbittorrent and sabnzbd) WebUI work.

I can left-click qbittorrent > WebUI and it takes me to it to the correct port (9090). It just doesn't show 9090 under PORT MAPPINGS column.

I can go to the sabnzbd WebUI if I go to IP:Port directly but it just doesn't have the WebUI option in the left-click menu.

7 minutes ago, JonathanM said:

You can't remap ports in the container config if you are using a custom ip.

binhex's containers in general are validated for bridge mode, which does support remapping.

I definitely need to have a proper read through of the Docker FAQ page -- I'm sorry for my ignorance but just one quick question; so how come I'm able to browse qbittorrent WebUI at 9090 then? Doesn't that mean some part of it has been changed?

11 hours ago, tjb_altf4 said:

You mentioned the dockers are on the same network/subnet, but are they all in the same docker network ?

If not, you might be hitting the docker to host communication restrictions.

Yes, all the Docker Apps are in the same subnet.

By restrictions, are you referring to the content of my first post? I didn't resolve it exactly but came up with a workaround by slightly changing my setup (as mentioned in post 3).

Otherwise, I currently have no restrictions -- the apps are working together as they should -- it's just the little niggles I mentioned earlier (with the WebUI and port mappings) but I probably need to build further understanding of Docker for them.

Edited by n00bmaster
Grammer
  • 1 year later...

I have two questions:

Can you please share screen shots of you QBITTORRENTVPN and radar. after many trials I am enable to pass the test on raddar wont connect to QBITTORRENTVPN.

second question: when i select "yes"for Container Variable: VPN_ENABLED  QBITTORRENTVPN. wont work at all, how do I add a VPN client like IPvanish?

On 3/19/2023 at 2:37 AM, ssinseeme said:

I have two questions:

Can you please share screen shots of you QBITTORRENTVPN and radar. after many trials I am enable to pass the test on raddar wont connect to QBITTORRENTVPN.

second question: when i select "yes"for Container Variable: VPN_ENABLED  QBITTORRENTVPN. wont work at all, how do I add a VPN client like IPvanish?

I'm afraid I can't help with this. It's been ages since I've turned on my Unraid server -- anything unnecessary is switched off due to the rising utility costs☹️

So, I can't remember heads or tails with the config.

• Thanks 1
  • 3 months later...
On 3/20/2023 at 4:46 AM, n00bmaster said:

I'm afraid I can't help with this. It's been ages since I've turned on my Unraid server -- anything unnecessary is switched off due to the rising utility costs☹️

So, I can't remember heads or tails with the config.

Hey man, did you ever figure it out?

I'm on the same boat.

Sonarr and Radarr both test successfully but when I select something in Jellyseer, it gets sent to Radaar/Sonarr but never ends up in binex-qbitorrentvpn.

All on the same docker_network.

On 6/27/2023 at 11:06 PM, DevanteWeary said:

Hey man, did you ever figure it out?

I'm on the same boat.

Sonarr and Radarr both test successfully but when I select something in Jellyseer, it gets sent to Radaar/Sonarr but never ends up in binex-qbitorrentvpn.

All on the same docker_network.

The only thing I remember is ... I did manage to resolve with but with a few issues around the web UI and port mapping. Exactly like I talked about on post #3.

I had to make sure all of them were privoxying in the same place, using the same VPN.

VPN tunnel was strict so had to play around with the VPN_INPUT_PORT and a couple of other parameters.

That's all I can say, really. All from memory as it's been a while. Sorry I can't be of more help.