Cache drive has become unmountable

Reva

I have just installed a new hard drive which is currently running a preclear operation and a second samsung 970 evo plus 2tb nvme for extra nvme space. So i added the new nvme drive to my cache pool and realised it was set to raid1 when i did that. I stopped the array and removed the the new nvme drive from the cache pool and restarted the array with the new nvme drive unassigned. Then i started getting error messages about the docker.img file, stopped the array and changed the number of devices in the pool back to 1, started array again and now docker won't start. When array is running the original nvme drive now says: cache Unmountable: not mounted. I have tried clicking on mount but it doesn't seem to help when array is stopped. Assigning the drive and starting array made no difference.

What should i do?

38 minutes ago, JorgeB said:

When the second device was first added filesystem crashed and went read-only, that would be a good time to make a backup if one didn't exist, since the device never finished adding pool is now in a messy state, there are some recovery options you can try here.

With the first option i get this with the array stopped:

wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/nvme1n1, missing codepage or helper program, or other error.

What about these options? :

2.PNG

3.PNG

Running

mount -o degraded,usebackuproot,ro /dev/nvme1n1p1 /x

in the terminal seems to have done the trick! The nvme drive now shows about as much free space as it did before. With the array started it still says "Unmountable: not mounted" but in mc the x folder shows up and everything seems to be there. What do i do now? Is there any way to use mc to just change directory from x to mnt/user/cache or whatever it is supposed to be? Or do i have to copy everything to the array and then restore from there somehow? I really appreciate the help!

On 1/13/2022 at 12:59 PM, JorgeB said:

Back up anything you need to another disk/device, when done let Unraid format the cache and restore the data.

I have now copied the appdata folder (some files got errors in midnight commander so they didn't get copied over) to the array. The nvme is formatted and i restarted the system. But when i go into the restore appdata tab it says "No Backup Sets Found". Do i have to create a backup with the tool using the appdata folder on the disk as source?

Edited by Reva