[6.9.2] Deploy docker container update from within another docker container

Hi,

I currently set up Gitea and Drone CI docker containers which build and deploy "MyDockerProject" (a container run on my unraid machine). I have all the synchronization between them done with the end result being my container published to docker hub. Right now I still have to manually go in and force-update "MyDockerProject" for it to pull down the latest version of my published container.

Is it possible to have Unraid pull and deploy a new image from docker hub when executed within a docker container?

IE) How can I have my Drone CI Docker Container communicate with UnraidOS that a new update for "MyDockerProject" has been published and for Unraid to go ahead and force the update?

Best Regards,

97WaterPolo

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Hi, since this is an old thread that never got answered I did manage to figure it out.

I have a build server using Drone CI, and in one of the stages after it is done compiling, building, and publishing to my container repository, it executes a command line "curl" to a "Watchtower" container. This container if set up you can point towards a docker container on Unraid and have it pull the latest version and redeploy VIA a webhook.