Upgraded from Stable to 6.10 RC2, can't login to web GUI but SSH works fine

Go to solution Solved by ljm42,

I think I'm good now.  Via SSH I backed up and removed /boot/config/shadow and /boot/config/smbpasswd, then rebooted.   After that it prompted me to configure a new root password and then let me log into the web GUI.  I obviously had to reset my user passwords for my various shares as well, but so far my login issue seems to be resolved.

Regards

• Like 1

Nope, I'm still having an issue with this.  

So deleting /boot/config/shadow and rebooting WILL get me to a password reset screen and then log me in.  But logging out and back in, or trying to login from a different browser puts me right back were I started with an invalid password.  Cookies and history cleared, even different computers that have never logged into the Unraid GUI all result in the same issue.

In any event, here's the most recent diagnostics.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as you can imagine this is a pretty frustrating problem to deal with.  I figured being RC2 I should be pretty safe to install this upgrade...shame on me. 

Thanks!

unraid-diagnostics-20220115-1903.zip

Anybody?  For the sake of completeness I backed up my flash drive and migrated to a new one just to rule any issues with that out but this problem still persists.

Basically, any time I want to log into the web GUI I must first SSH in, delete the /boot/config/shadow file, reboot, and set a new password.  If I dare to log out or try from a different computer or browser... the whole process must be repeated.

Well this 30-year IT vet feels like an idiot now.  I had been deleting config/shadow and config/smbpasswd, but not config/passwd.  After that didn't work I started just deleting the shadow file since that was enough to get me back in without having to reset my user passwords every time.

I just deleted all three, rebooted, reset the root password, and reconfigured my users.  Logging out and logging back in now works normally.

Thank you!