AMD 5500 passthough as primary GPU.

macmus

Hello,

I'm planning to give my MacOS a boost and be able to use parsec to connect to it.

I am thinking of 5xxx series card or preferably 5500 as low profile card.

So far i have 710 (primary GPU due to TR platform) and 2080ti for my gaming VM.

I'm planning to swap this 710 for some low energy AMD card which would be able to host MacOS.

The only bit I'm missing right now is information if this GPU 5500 is going to work in as primary passed card ?

Does it need BIOS dump ? 

Is it straitforward and are there any guides avaialbe ?

I noticed that spaceinvader has make many clips about GF cards but i could not find one from passing AMD as primary GPU card?

I hope you can help me.

Thanks!

11 hours ago, macmus said:

The only bit I'm missing right now is information if this GPU 5500 is going to work in as primary passed card ?

Does it need BIOS dump ? 

Is it straitforward and are there any guides avaialbe ?

Unless someone has the exact same build as yours (not only the gpu but also the same mainboard , cpu, etc.), it's impossible to give answers.

11 hours ago, macmus said:

I noticed that spaceinvader has make many clips about GF cards but i could not find one from passing AMD as primary GPU card?

Spaceinvaderone videos based on nvidia passthrough are still valid in general for amd gpus too. vbios doesn't need to be hex edited since it doesn't have any header to be removed.

On 1/16/2022 at 4:34 AM, ghost82 said:

Spaceinvaderone videos based on nvidia passthrough are still valid in general for amd gpus too. vbios doesn't need to be hex edited since it doesn't have any header to be removed.

Do I need any special tricks to dump the bios of any AMD card?

Can I dump any AMD card bios and then just boot with it ?