Unraid data disk disabled, not sure why

Reva

I shut the server down, checked the cables and started it again. The SMART data attributes look good, i think, and it says SMART overall-health:Passed. I also got a notification saying "array turned good" and it now shows 0 errors in the main tab. What do i do now? With the array started the disk is still disabled, do i have to initiate a rebuild to get the data back? Or should i start a "Check" as seen in the second image?

2.PNG

3.PNG

I think you were onto something with the cables...if you've made sure the attachment is clean and you still have issues, I'd replace the cables themselves and see if your issue persists.

I've had something similar happen in a Gentoo install I had at work...similar error messages that you have inside your diagnostics.  In my case, it was a loose SATA cable.

I'm newer to unraid so I can't really answer the 'next steps' question.  I'm sure there are others who know what should be done (at least I hope there are)

Edited by devnet
19 hours ago, JorgeB said:

Disk dropped offline, this is usually a power/connection problem, if the emulated disk is mounting and contents look correct you can rebuild on top:

https://wiki.unraid.net/Manual/Storage_Management#Rebuilding_a_drive_onto_itself

On 1/16/2022 at 6:16 AM, devnet said:

I think you were onto something with the cables...if you've made sure the attachment is clean and you still have issues, I'd replace the cables themselves and see if your issue persists.

I've had something similar happen in a Gentoo install I had at work...similar error messages that you have inside your diagnostics.  In my case, it was a loose SATA cable.

I'm newer to unraid so I can't really answer the 'next steps' question.  I'm sure there are others who know what should be done (at least I hope there are)

Finished the rebuild and everything looks to be in order again. If it happens again I'll be switching out the cables. Thanks for the help!

• Like 1