V6.9.2, Files being created in incorrect shares/drives

Hi all,

I've been banging my head against the wall for with this one for a while. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, it may be that my paths are set up incorrectly, but I'm not sure because the problems seem to be intermittent so it becomes hard to track down.

Anyway, I have found an issue I can replicate that should help shed some light on the information.

I have a proxmox server, and an unraid server. The proxmox server makes nightly backups to the unraid server. It backs up to a share called "backup-vms". This share is set to "Yes:Cache"

796850378_2022-01-1616_07_26-Cortana_ShareMozillaFirefox.png.ef96bfbc5c6f77e45fbcbd8be27c0921.png

Now on the proxmox side of things, I have storage added called "vmbackup-unraid" which points to "/mnt/user/backup-vms"

388181178_2022-01-1616_09_33-pmx-ProxmoxVirtualEnvironmentMozillaFirefox.png.a24ffd19c03aef8f41869af25d6575dc.png

When I run the backup, it writes the backup files to my cache drive, as it should. However, it writes the files to a different share/directory than it should. It should be writing the files to "/mnt/user/backup-vms" however, it writes the files to "/mnt/user/appdata/'application'/".

1259696937_Screenshot2022-01-16161932.png.7c5f211992736605faef382785dc3e04.png

I'm not sure what is happening here. If I ssh into the proxmox server and go to  "/mnt/pve/vmbackup-unraid" it points to that applications folder in my "appdata" share.

I'm not sure if this is an issue with unraid. This setup that I had has worked fine for almost 2 years, so I'm not sure if something was updated without my knowledge, or if there are other issues.

I also have other applications writing files they are not supposed to into my "appdata" share, so hopefully I can straighten those out if I can figure this out.

Thank you

Edited by Surgikill
pictures would not upload on topic creation
9 minutes ago, itimpi said:

You several time refer to mnt/* without a leading / character.    That makes it a relative path rather than an absolute one and what it is relative to is context sensitive.   Could this be the cause of your issues?

Maybe? The leading "/" is there where it is needed in the screenshots, I just forgot to type it in the post when I was explaining it.