Unable to negotiate with 192.168.1.1 port 57549: no matching key exchange method found.

Go to solution Solved by cometship,

What are these login attempts in system log? Googling shows is related to SSH from 192.168.1.1.

I see about 100 of these warning over a 2 sec interval in sys log every few days. Is these an SSH attempt from router gateway, or coming from another network device? Hopefully not from the internet. Thanks

Jan 16 02:19:24 NASBoy sshd[4420]: Connection from 192.168.1.1 port 57549 on 192.168.1.242 port 22 rdomain "" Jan 16 02:19:24 NASBoy sshd[4420]: Unable to negotiate with 192.168.1.1 port 57549: no matching key exchange method found. Their offer: diffie-hellman-group14-sha1,diffie-hellman-group-exchange-sha1,diffie-hellman-group1-sha1 [preauth]

(many attempts over 2 sec)

Edited by cometship
  • Solution

Turns out this is port scan from Gryphon. I disabled SSH port un UNRAID management tab since I don't use ssh.

From Gryphon support:

"Our Gryphon has a firewall that will block/filter inbound traffic. the Gryphon regularly scans ports that are open and will give you a notification for an open port. You will then determine if that port is used by an application or website and is safe to leave as open.

Here are some options you can choose for a port scan detection result.
1.    Quarantine - can’t access the internet on the rogue device (stops the device)
2.    Monitor – to monitor the device and keep you posted.
3.    Delete – delete the notification but will notify again when there is another scan
4.    Ignore - will NOT notify the user for 7 days
The quarantine will have your device totally blocked.

Thank you,
Gryphon Support/FE
Customer Support Line +1 (480) 428-4016"