Best practices for cache drive and mover

Hi,

I am hoping someone can recommend if I am doing things right using the cache drive to compliment the main disk array.

I share my cache drive to an SMB share, along with having it be the cache drive for the SMB array shares. I find that I download a collection of files to the Cache SMB share I need to either turn off the cache function of the array share temporarily or get ready redundantly copy files to the cache drive again and run mover.

I run mover every night at midnight. My downloads often take days to complete and are multiple files in one download collection (P2P).

I tried to save the files directly to the array with cache enabled but if the files were not locked by the download client it moves the files to the array. If the file was not completed downloading at that time (p2p type downloads), it would then spin up the array causing my disks to stay spun up.

What would be the best practice for using a P2P type download service of multiple files + cache drive + mover + array? Sorry its a confusing post...