Message "Your flash drive is corrupted or offline. Post your diagnostics in the forum for help."

Stri

10 minutes ago, Squid said:

I'm assuming this is on the banner, and not Apps itself.  Does navigating to a different page fix it?

it randomly appears and disappears, it's displayed on the top banner, yes.
so what about this information? should i be worried about the stick?

"Your flash drive is corrupted or offline. Post your diagnostics in the forum for help. See also here"

Only time I've ever noticed a spurious banner like that is when I've been changing settings, and it winds up due to a "race" condition where the system thinks the flash is offline.  Under the now current rc3 series (private testing currently) I've never seen it.

If the banner does disappear for you, then there is no actual problem.  After RC3+ is released, then if the problem continues we'll have to look closer at refining the code.

• 2 months later...

I have something similar, I find it curious as I upgraded to Version: 6.10.0-rc4 a few days ago. I do not know precisely when the message appeared. i am getting it persistently and although my dockers and my VMs are running ok. Those tabs are missing.

To my own annoyance i cannot find my backup. I darent even reboot 

tower-diagnostics-20220407-1058.zip

Edited by Black Aura
forgot diagnostics

This is where it started:

Apr  3 12:56:50 Tower kernel: usb 1-1.2: USB disconnect, device number 3
Apr  3 12:56:50 Tower zed[5126]: zed_udev_monitor: skip /dev/sda1 (in use by vfat)
Apr  3 12:56:50 Tower kernel: sd 0:0:0:0: [sda] Synchronizing SCSI cache
Apr  3 12:56:50 Tower kernel: sd 0:0:0:0: [sda] Synchronize Cache(10) failed: Result: hostbyte=0x01 driverbyte=DRIVER_OK
Apr  3 12:56:50 Tower kernel: FAT-fs (sda1): Directory bread(block 30152) failed

Did you pull the drive?  Either way, the only recourse is a reboot.  If problems continue replace the flash

I rebooted. It came back up fine.  Parity check is running

And I have made a backup of the flash disk .

I do notice this message

"Warning: file_put_contents(/boot/config/plugins/parity.check.tuning/parity.check.tuning.manual): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/parity.check.tuning/parity.check.tuning.helpers.php on line 138"

at the bottom of the screen.  I am not sure if that is a thing to worry about...

thanks for the help

4 hours ago, Black Aura said:

Warning: file_put_contents(/boot/config/plugins/parity.check.tuning/parity.check.tuning.manual): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/parity.check.tuning/parity.check.tuning.helpers.php on line 138"

That sounds as if the parity check tuning plugin has tried to write a status file to the flash drive and that write has failed.   This suggests that either the flash drive dropped offline or the flash drive has problems.