Server out of memory error

Go to solution Solved by trurl,

Probably due to this other FCP error you are ignoring

Jan 19 04:40:08 Vulcan root: Fix Common Problems: Error: Invalid folder Remotes contained within /mnt ** Ignored

Linux is case-sensitive. Unassigned Devices has remote mounts at /mnt/remotes. You must have specified a path to /mnt/Remotes somewhere such as a container host path. /mnt/Remotes isn't actual storage, and so would be in rootfs (with the OS), which is in RAM.

9 hours ago, trurl said:

Probably due to this other FCP error you are ignoring

Jan 19 04:40:08 Vulcan root: Fix Common Problems: Error: Invalid folder Remotes contained within /mnt ** Ignored

Linux is case-sensitive. Unassigned Devices has remote mounts at /mnt/remotes. You must have specified a path to /mnt/Remotes somewhere such as a container host path. /mnt/Remotes isn't actual storage, and so would be in rootfs (with the OS), which is in RAM.

So I fixed that error in my docker config, I shouldn't have to delete anything in that /Remotes folder as it deletes on reboot right? 

9 hours ago, trurl said:

Unrelated, but your appdata and system shares have files on the array.

Fixed, Thanks! 

• Solution

Not sure what you mean by system file. I was talking about the system share, which is a folder on one or more disks. Ideally it would all be on fast storage (cache).

If appdata and system are on the array, dockers/VMs won't perform as well due to slower array, and array disks can't spindown since these files are always open.

Nothing can move open files. You have to disable Docker and VM Manager in Settings before these can be moved.

The usual way is to let mover take care of those. They need to be cache-prefer for mover to move them to cache. In any case, they should be either prefer or cache-only so the will stay on cache.
Ah, so if I make the proper changes to the share config and invoke mover it will move the files back? Good to know.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk