[SOLVED ] Mover is not working.. pressing "move" button dose nothing?

As far as I can see that is expected behaviour with your current settings :(  all shares with Use Cache=Yes setting (which is required if you want any contents on the cache to be moved to the array) currently have no files on the cache.  What share do you expect to be moved to the array?

I also note that you have not set a Minimum Free Space value for the cache pool.    This is highly advisable to help stop shares with Use Cache=Prefer setting completely filling the cache.

1 hour ago, itimpi said:

What share do you expect to be moved to the array?

Thanks, this got me on the correct track... seems a update to one of my dockers changed the default file location... so it started saving data into the docker, rather than into a share on the array... so as far as the mover was concerned everything was moved, as all the data was inside the docker itself.

1 hour ago, itimpi said:

I also note that you have not set a Minimum Free Space value for the cache pool.    This is highly advisable to help stop shares with Use Cache=Prefer setting completely filling the cache.

I changed this to 30... the instructions linked did not say what the value was.. I assume 30 is 30gigs?

• questionbot changed the title to [SOLVED ] Mover is not working.. pressing "move" button dose nothing?
2 minutes ago, questionbot said:

Thanks, this got me on the correct track... seems a update to one of my dockers changed the default file location... so it started saving data into the docker, rather than into a share on the array... so as far as the mover was concerned everything was moved, as all the data was inside the docker itself.

I changed this to 30... the instructions linked did not say what the value was.. I assume 30 is 30gigs?

No - I think that will be 30K :) 

If you click on the field name in the GUI it will display the help text that gives you the suffixes you can use.

• Haha 1