UNRAID not booting when VT-D is activated

Togay

27 minutes ago, Togay said:

So whenever i Activate VT-D UNRAID won´t Boot at all. I am Stuck in this Page every time

Setup

Xeon W3680

16gb DDR3 ECC 

Intel X56

2x 1TB HDD

1x 127gb SSD

Nvidia GTX 660

I tried an new UNRAID install but it is only Booting when i Disable VT-D

20220120_153653.jpg

2 minutes ago, trurl said:

According to Intel it supports VT-x, I don't think there are any VT-x that don't also support VT-d, wouldn't make any sense.

Sorry I had that backwards.

8 minutes ago, ghost82 said:

Are you sure it supports vt-d?

Some fast google searches tell me it doesn't support vt-d.

You are correct, Intel website doesn't specify VT-d for that CPU

VT-x and VT-d technically have nothing to do with each other.  VT-x is a function of the processor and is required to run any virtual machine.  VT-d is a function of the processor and the chipset and is required for passthrough.

Even there, on a processor that was originally released in Q1 2010 If it did support VT-d (Intel's spec sheet implies it doesn't) I'd be surprised if it worked correctly since there has been massive progress on device passthrough over the years

1 minute ago, Squid said:

VT-x and VT-d technically have nothing to do with each other.  VT-x is a function of the processor and is required to run any virtual machine.  VT-d is a function of the processor and the chipset and is required for passthrough.

Even there, on a processor that was originally released in Q1 2010 If it did support VT-d (Intel's spec sheet implies it doesn't) I'd be surprised if it worked correctly since there has been massive progress on device passthrough over the years

So i  need support for both? VT-T and VT-D