Cache drive speeds slower when downloading to it

Benji

When I download a file via SFTP directly to a share mapped as a network drive in Windows, that uses the nvme cache drive, the speeds max out around 600Mbps. However, if I download the same file to my desktop, via SFTP, I get 1Gbit down just fine. If I then copy it to the same share, I get the full 1Gbit LAN speeds too.

My router is a UDM, so it should be more than capable of handling 1Gbit. It's CPU usage while downloading directly to the cache is 17%. My PC has a 5900X, currently sat at 2% usage, so I don't think the bottleneck is there either. My Unraid server has an i5-11400 that isn't sweating either.

If everything works over LAN, why is it suddenly slower when downloading direct to cache?

apollo-diagnostics-20220120-1509.zip

Edited by Benji
52 minutes ago, Squid said:

What is the share name, and what do you mean by "download directly"

Also, disk 3 and the unassigned 5TB drive should have their cabling reseated to them (continual resets)

The share is multimedia. By directly, I mean download a file from a remote server, via an FTP client on my PC, with the multimedia share as the destination (as it's mapped as a network drive).

Thank you for the warning on the drives. I am aware of those, I believe it's a result of the crappy pci card I'm using. I have an LSI SAS 9210-8i on the way.

Edited by Benji