win10 vm with gt730 passthrough stuck on TianoCore loop (Logs)

Servs

When using VNC the windows 10 vm boots normally without issue. However when trying to passthrough my gt710 it gets on a loop of displaying the tianocore logo for 15sec, then showing no input on monitor, and then showing the tianocore logo again. I dumped the proper vbios and have both the gpu and gpu audio selected. the gpu is also in the 4th pcie slot and i have a different gpu in the 1st slot not currently being used for any sort of passthrough. What am i doing wrong?

Screenshot_1.png

Screenshot_1.png

Edited by Servs
  • Servs changed the title to win10 vm with gt730 passthrough stuck on TianoCore loop (Logs)

When you have vfio_region_write....device or resource busy it means that the gpu is in use by something else and cannot be reserved for the vm.

Probably in use by efifb, you can check if it's loaded with command:

cat /proc/iomem

and check and compare the memory addresses in use by efifb with the one you get in your syslog; you should also have errors like BAR x: can't reserve.

You can check for example this post:

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/114563-solved-htpc-vm-stopped-outputting-video-logs-say-device-busy/

Or do a search in the forum, there are a lot of other similar discussions.

PS: pictures are nice to see, but every time you ask for help attach diagnostics file.

Edited by ghost82