Unraid Server Build Query

Hi all,

Totally new to Unraid, I've read it many times in Reddit channels but I finally thought I would google to see what it was and checked over the site, looks pretty interesting but still to this point, not 100% sure if it's worthy of me moving over to it - figured you folks would be so kind to tell me points of yours which you think it would be beneficial to do so.

EDIT: I should also note, I have never used Docker which is something I've also read alot of people use for Plex. And I'm new to Linux (Ubuntu)

I currently have a Plex Media Server (around ~70TB)

Windows 10

Ryzen 1800X

32GB 3200Mhz RAM

Multiple harddrives ranging from 4TB-10TB

It's only used for Plex and accessing the internet and general files when at work.

However I've got a new machine and setup arranged:

HP ProDesk 400GS SFF
Windows 11 (at current)
Intel Core i5 8500

16GB 2666Mhz RAM

USB-C 3.2 Gen2 Adapter card

Storage is now in a QNAP TL-D800C 8 Bay Desktop JBOD Storage Enclosure.

So, with this new setup, will it be very beneficial moving over to Unraid? The issue I have also is that all my drives have TB's of data. I have a spare 12TB which is going to be used for media (as I'm going from 10 drives to 8), so I've read I can transfer media to that, then put the empty drive into the QNAP for Unraid, but I'd have to do that for ~70TB.

Which is why I'm wondering if it's worth it?

I don't have any backups, if a drive fails, I lose the media on it but it's easy for me to get the media back so i'm not bothered about that :)

Thanks folks.

Edited by Koyakami